PDA

View Full Version : Introduction post

James244
28-07-14, 11:14
Hi
Only discovered this site recently, but I see that its customary for users to introduce themselves so I'll do so here.

My name's James, I'm 24 years old. I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome at the age of 6 and i also developed asthma in my teens. I've only recently come down with both panic disorder and interstitial cystitis in the past few months (tho I suspect that those 2 things are very interconnected). So quite a nice kettle of problems I have to deal with, oh well.

I managed to reach university, got as far as final year, but am dropping out due to panic making me unable to work. Because of this disorder and having autism, I'm unfortunately having to live with my parents and am financially dependent on them too. Luckily I'm going to be looking to receiving benefits and I'm hoping that in a few years time or maybe many years, I'll get over some of these problems and and be able to work and live independently. I try not to give up all hope of a future just yet, though its so easy to.

Anyway don't really know how to round this off, I'm guessing conversations I have will be in the panic attack section, so hopefully this passes for an introduction. My thoughts are with all the people who suffer these things, remember, keep calm and don't panic. All the best. :)

aprilmoon
28-07-14, 12:09
Hi James
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Missjay
28-07-14, 12:33
Hi james I'm new here to sorry your having a rough time hope you find some comfort here :)