PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

AbbiM
28-07-14, 14:19
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is being put n the right place or perhaps if I'm even on the right discussion thread, but recently things feel like there getting out of control and I'm not sure what is happening to me.

A few years ago I used to have a problem eating in front of people that were not my immediate family or eating out at a resturant - my throat would close up and I just couldn't swallow. I also used to find that every time we went away on holiday, on the first night I would suffer nausea and tiredness and occasionally vomit, but after that I calmed down and enjoyed the holiday as normal. For the last five years all of this had gone, I could go away without being sick and I could eat in a restaurant perfectly normally.

Back in March we were away and I sat down in a cafe for dinner, and suddenly i felt sweaty and like I wanted to retch, I was unable to eat all my food. I then spent the rest of the afternoon retching. After that I felt better but was still unable to eat for the rest of the holiday as my throat was very tight and I was scared If I ate I would be sick. Once I return home my appetite returns to normal and I am eating normally without retching. The same scenario happened when we went away in June, I hardly ate, and kept having attacks of nausea and retching.

It was earlier this month things seemed to get worse and I felt like I was loosing control. It started on a family day out where we were off early and stopped in a cafe for breakfast I ordered my food feeling fine and hungry and whilst we were waiting for food to be served the usual feeling came across me of the throat tightening so I could not swallowing and the gagging and retching. After this I struggled to eat hardly anything for the rest of the day. The next day me and my husband went on holiday, i was ok until we got there and then i found myself retching and being physically sick again. For the rest of the week we were away I was hardly able to eat anything, my throat would close up and I would panic about that If I ate I would be sick. I find it really frustrating as I don't understand why I am acting like this and I get frustrated that I don't seem to be able to control anything and it is spoiling what should be fun times. We are due to go away again in a couple of months and I'm terrified we are going to waste so much of the holiday with me not feeling great and not being able to eat out.

As soon as I am home and eating at home, my appetite returned to normal, and i stopped retching.

Whats made me sign up to this forum is another situation thats come up today, tongiht I'm going round to my friends house like I always have done, but suddenly I feel nervous, and am retching again. I daren't eat anything in case it makes me sick.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, but if it does I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you.