PDA

View Full Version : Can this happen?

Lyn89
28-07-14, 15:51
So I'm finally here on holiday and its really lovely here. Seem to be doing great so far, but I feel like it's too great? I expected myself to be a big bundle of nerves and anxiety that I'd have to tackle, but I don't. I know that should be a good thing, but I'm just worried now that I'm going numb to everything rather than coping well. I want to believe that my cbt, experience and confidence is so much better and I was just afraid of fear itself, but even the day before leaving I was oddly calm and okay. Can anxiety make you emotionally shut down or am I just not giving myself enough credit here? I feel like I still have emotions and everything, but my anxiety just seems so low for my usual self and I'm suspicious lol. Thanks everyone!

Fishmanpa
28-07-14, 16:22
So I'm finally here on holiday and its really lovely here. Seem to be doing great so far, but I feel like it's too great? I expected myself to be a big bundle of nerves and anxiety that I'd have to tackle, but I don't. I know that should be a good thing, but I'm just worried now that I'm going numb to everything rather than coping well. I want to believe that my cbt, experience and confidence is so much better and I was just afraid of fear itself, but even the day before leaving I was oddly calm and okay. Can anxiety make you emotionally shut down or am I just not giving myself enough credit here? I feel like I still have emotions and everything, but my anxiety just seems so low for my usual self and I'm suspicious lol. Thanks everyone!

Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back and enjoy yourself. You deserve it! You've obviously worked hard at your CBT and it's paying off. Just keep those dragon slayer weapons at hand in case he gets restless ;)

Positive thoughts

meche
28-07-14, 16:46
Hi Lyn - get of this website and enjoy your holiday :D! I've just returned from the most incredible holiday and for 2 weeks anxiety/stress weren't words that entered by vocabulary. I just enjoyed each day for what it was and took in every single relaxing, carefree moment. You need to do the same. Who knows what will happen when you get back but for now just live in the moment and be proud. You're doing fantastic. I'm so jealous you're on holiday - I want to go again!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! xx

Sunflower2
28-07-14, 17:05
Maybe your anxiety also decided it needed a holiday? :D

Lyn89
28-07-14, 18:42
Thank you so much everyone, I will do just that :D Kimberley that's exactly what it feels like! XD have a good few weeks everyone!