PDA

View Full Version : dizziness

pamela11
28-07-14, 18:22
Please help I wake up burping sweart palms and feet. Once I get up a and start moving around I feel as if I off a slow moving ride. My shoulders are up.my stomach gets in a ball as if I'm holding my breath. I will sit and I can feel the blood flowing through my body as if everything is fast . Then everything calms down and when I move again it happens again please help

James244
28-07-14, 19:06
pretty much everything you described is a panic attack. evidently your mind's reaching a very high stress state and its causing you to wake up panicking.
Make your shoulders relax, having them raised up is a reaction to panic, but it also makes it worse. Relax your body, sit down, put your hand on your stomach then breathe in through your nose and make sure your abdomen inflates as you breathe in. Hold for a second or 2 then slowly exhale out your mouth, keep doing this until your find you're able to think more clearly.

also you're not feeling blood rushing through, your scared mind has interrupted this into the scariest thing you can think of. adrenaline is rushing through your body, making it feel numb and like its buzzing. the breathing exercise will reduce that feeling. it won't get rid of it completely, but it will clear your mind enough for you to be able to say to yourself. "this isn't my blood flowing, this is my body sending harmless adrenaline" then you can start thinking of ways to calm yourself down