PDA

View Full Version : totally confused and in a state of panic, help

snowflake
29-07-14, 16:02
Hiya everyone,
I don't know if I am on the right thread.
I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I had started to get migraines minus the head ache. I have been getting tingling sensations in the left side of my face and left arm. I have been backwards and forwards to the drs and had full blood test done - results normal. Blood pressure has been read numerous times and it's normal, pulse rate normal, had all my reflexes checked, muscle strength checked, all normal. Everything i have had tested is normal. Gp said i am suffering from extreme anxiety and possible migraines. Throughout this (for 2 weeks) I have been taking 10mg of amitriptyline and the tingles have eased. I took 1 citalipram 20mg prescribed by the dr and had a horrible reaction to it so was told to stop. Gp wants me to reduce the amitriptyline now so 3 nights ago I reduced my tablet to 5mg and last night I didn't take any. Do I take 5mg tonight?
I am now really depressed and feel I need to go back on my fluoxetine which I have had in the past for depression. I am starting counselling on monday.
My worries are:
1. How soon can I take fluoxetine 20mg after finishing amitriptyline 10mg
2. Now im reducing ami my tingles have started to come back, I wont take both meds together so where do I go from here,
3. If the tingles are due to anxiety will fluoxetine help with them.

I'm really on the bottom and I know my depression is getting worse by the day.

Help xx

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Also should add I have been light headed, blurry left eye the last few days, tired, no appetite, aching calf muscles, tummy upset.

ShortyW84
02-08-14, 21:00
Hey are u still tingling I have been suffering for over 6 months with the tingles mainly in my legs and when clothes close to skin. I too have had all the blood tests but it caused major anxiety and I'm now on clitolaphram. The tingling continues I just don't worry about it as much. Hope u feel better soon xx