PDA

View Full Version : Big time mouth worries

Limey
29-07-14, 23:06
Hi y'all, I'm back on the worry wagon.

It seems oral cancer is the focus of my anxiety gremlin these past few months... I've been have issues with a wisdom tooth, but thankfully that has since resolved. Now, I've noticed a lump just above my retromolar pad on the same side of said tooth. It's soft, and under the skin, slightly movable. It hides when i open my mouth, and can often only felt with my tongue when my mouth is shut. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it seems smaller on a morning when I first wake up. I seem to recall having the occasional blister type thing in the same are that would burst and disappear not long after appearing. I first noticed this lump the day I went to see a maxilla facial consultant about my wisdom tooth. She didn't notice anything, even after an X-ray, I didn't mention anything to her though. This was last week. However, just tonight, i've noticed the skin on my tonsillar arch on that side seems to look white and peeling. I get peeling skin in my mouth quite often, likely a side effect from the Sertraline i've been on for months. Basically, i'm scared the lump is cancer, and the white stuff is leukaplakia. As usual, Doctor Google has sent me to the worst conclusion.

Eep.

swanick15
30-07-14, 00:00
one of my fears, I found a white thing in my mouth earlier with my tongue in between a tooth, then I remembered I had chicken earlier, may be something you ate?

Limey
30-07-14, 00:13
I was brushing my teeth, and looked again, i noticed the white marks lined up exactly with the points on my teeth when i stick out my tongue to inspect and look for lumps... Go figure.