PDA

View Full Version : got letter yesterday

gem7
30-07-14, 14:07
from arc centre says you have been referred by dr singh for support provided by the Local primary mental health support service you been given some questions to answer whitch will help us to understand the type of problems that you are experiencing and what support may be best for you at this time for your referral to be accepted you must answer the questions and return the form to us by the date shown unforunately if you do not complete and return this form by date 8th of august shown you will lose your place and will need to be referred back to the service thats what it says in letter what i got yesterday when the dr came to my house from hospital two blokes came i said i was ok going once a week there but now i have gotten more scared to leave the house i dont feel up to leaveing the house got new neighbour & scared to go out more cos of them cos i dont want to bump into them i gotten so bad i dont even go down stairs to get a packet of crisps then go back to my room cos i dont want to go by window when curtains are open just in case the new neighbours are out there i feel like i am letting my self down & people around me down i feel i cant do anything at the mo not even going to my bros bday in august i just hate myself i cant even have my windows open in my room when its hot i cant even leave my front door way i feel at the mo when they came was up for it now i just cant :sad:

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

they said i could bring my sister when i asked once a week there but now i gotten worse i just feel i cant go out anymore dont feel up to it i am getting worse & i hate it last time i went out was june & i havent been out since i hate myself i just cant go out its gotten harder i feel my agoraphobia has gotten worse i also have general anxiety & social anxiety too & depression having all them sucks i hate my life :sad:

gem7
31-07-14, 14:02
no comments :sad: i am finding it very hard its sad that i cant go & fill out the form for the help there cos i am not up to it i cant leave the house it was just going to be once a week to go there but i have choose i cant do it & go so wont be filling out the form i have gotten a lot worse since them blokes came to the house from hospital few weeks back i need some virtual hugs i am in on my own in my room & this morning when i got up i felt like i was going crazy ive calmed abit feel abit more better after bath i am in my room to scared to even move to go to toilet or to walk around cos every move u make the neighbours can hear i am scared even to have the tv on when my sister is out knowing that if they know i am in they will make more noise to annoy maybe if they think i am out maybe then i get some peace i know thats sounds stupid but its what i do when i am on my own when my sister is out scared to make a noise i feel like a prisoner in my own home cant do anythink i listen to my portable dvd player on headphones & when i am on the laptop when i play fb games i have the sound off or if i need to listen to something to watch a video on youtube i would plug my headphones in i am sick of living my life in fear i feel like such a failure i cant fill in the form & go there i feel so ugly low self esteem feel like a retard i hate myself could use some kind words from you guys to cheer me up :sad:

Loulou77
31-07-14, 16:56
Big hugs, it must be so hard for you especially as you will lose your referral from not filling in the form. Is there somebody that could help you do it and post it off for you? I know it's not easy but it's the only way you will start on the road to feeling better x

gem7
31-07-14, 19:21
thanks it is so hard for me i cant leave the house ive gone more scared i just cant so i wont be doing the form hopefully one day i will be on the road to feeling better again & be my old self again till then i got to suffer :sad:

gypcyg
02-09-14, 12:07
Gem you need to fill in and return that letter so perhaps we could help you.

You should say that you get panicky/anxious/stressed/worried/nervous/terrified about going outside - can you explain the reasons? (Helplessness? Insecurity? Other people's opinion/view of you? Panic attacks?)

Mention that you hate seeing/meeting/bumping into people - again can you explain why. Do you feel embarrassed? Stupid?
Do you think people stare at you? Do you think that they laugh and ridicule you?

Write in the letter the avoidance techniques that you use to avoid going outside.

Also write the places that make you feel most anxious.

Use some of the following words and phrases in the letter:
rapid heartbeat. rapid breathing. feeling hot and sweaty. feeling sick. upset stomach. chest pain. difficulty swallowing. feeling faint. trembling. ringing in the ears. Panic attack. uncomfortable. stress. depression. fear. hate. avoid. Trapped. Difficult. Humiliating. Frustrating.

Finally, Gem I have seen your picture and you are not ugly (in fact you are quite pretty). You are not retarded either! It's that voice in your head telling you lies to control you! Agoraphobia can be beaten so why don't you sit down and decide a proper, well thought out, course of action. Dr Singh can be your first step.