PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus

NotCool
30-07-14, 14:09
Hey.

So I was carrying some stuff around today, and one of them was a plank with little rusty nails on it. I accidentally grabed the nail, and it penetrated my protective glove, and spiked me in the area between my thumb and index finger. The puncture didn't bleed, but there's like a tiny red dot under my skin, so I guess it's blood, and the nail did in fact penetrate the skin.

A minute or two after this, I washed the area with water and put some alcohol disinfectant on it.

Obviously I am now worried about tetanus. Am I being unreasonable and irrational? Should I visit a doctor and get a tetanus shot?

Thanks for replies.

NotCool
30-07-14, 20:18
Bump.

Dolphin8808
30-07-14, 20:52
I had the same thing happen with a razor, I went and got a shot just to be safe. Don't forget they are good for 10 years I think so if you've already had one, you are ok :)

MRS STRESS ED
30-07-14, 21:16
Hey.

So I was carrying some stuff around today, and one of them was a plank with little rusty nails on it. I accidentally grabed the nail, and it penetrated my protective glove, and spiked me in the area between my thumb and index finger. The puncture didn't bleed, but there's like a tiny red dot under my skin, so I guess it's blood, and the nail did in fact penetrate the skin.

A minute or two after this, I washed the area with water and put some alcohol disinfectant on it.

Obviously I am now worried about tetanus. Am I being unreasonable and irrational? Should I visit a doctor and get a tetanus shot?

Thanks for replies.

Well it cant hurt to get a shot ,but your more than likey fine anyway love
Xx

NotCool
31-07-14, 13:11
Appreciate the responses. I called the doctors office and checked that my tetanus vaccine is up to date (last one 2005). It never hurts to get a booster every 10 years. It saves you a lot of worry if/when you get wounded.

Green_tea
31-07-14, 22:00
I had this a month or so ago. Im glad you were vaccinated so you can hopefully worry less. I hadn't had mine done for years so I got one right away.