PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection

Petesy
30-07-14, 18:52
Hi Everyone

I've had this chest infection for nearly 2 weeks now, this is my 4th day on 500mg amoxacilin and i'm coughing up phlegm big time (no blood) i was in a fit of coughing that I thought I was going to pass out, eyes were watering, seeing stars, more or less on my hands n knees..

My son was screaming are you alright dad holding his ears frightened, i reassured him afterwards that it's just a bad cough and to go out and play...

Someone please tell me these chest infections get worse before they get better or is this simply the antibiotics clearing my chest??

Is it a good thing that I'm coughing up so much phlegm? which is really giving me the boke btw :weep:

Thanks

Petesy

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Anyone....?? :shrug:

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

(Should I move this to a different forum admin?)

Since I've posted this i've been getting a ache all over my left arm i'm trying to be rational but because i'm suffering from this chest infection it's got me spiralling out of control atm :scared15:

Annie0904
30-07-14, 18:55
The phlegm is much better out than in Petesy so it is a good thing that you are coughing it up. Try steam inhalations as they will help clear it too.

Petesy
30-07-14, 19:04
Thanks a lot Annie for your reply

Steam inhalations i'll get right to that, got a pot I'll just fill it up right now and grab a towel :hugs:

This isn't good for anyone but anxiety disorder on top of it just making me worse..
Thanks again Annie :)

Petesy

aprilmoon
30-07-14, 19:19
Hope you're feeling better soon Petesy :)

Petesy
30-07-14, 19:27
Thanks Aprilmoon

I hope so too :hugs:

Hope youz are all doing well also

Petesy

aprilmoon
30-07-14, 19:32
Doing OK thanks.
Starting CBT next week at long last,so hoping I'll be able to think about reducing the meds a bit. :)

Annie0904
30-07-14, 20:22

Petesy
30-07-14, 20:44
Doing OK thanks.
Starting CBT next week at long last,so hoping I'll be able to think about reducing the meds a bit. :)

That's great news CBT worked wonders for me in the past I was walking about without a shrug of worry at all, my therapist wants me to return i've forgotten some if not most of the skills unfortunately.

Great news I'm happy for you :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Awww thanks Annie :hugs: :hugs:

Carnation
30-07-14, 21:03
Petsey, it sounds like you are going through a viral infection. I had exactly this a few months ago. It started with a cold/fluey thing and then went on to my chest. I coughed and coughed and coughed......brought up so much phlegm that I thought I had TB or something. Anyway, it did eventually go one day, don't think I will tell you how long I had it, it might depress you. But, I didn't take meds and like you; my Anxieties shot up. All I did was drink plenty of water, even through the night when woken by the dam cough, but what did help me enormously was 'Vicks'. Excellent stuff, very gooey in a jar. Spread it over the chest, tip of the nose, around the neck area and it will make you sleep, breath and clear the congestion. Get plenty of ventilation in the house and eat lots of healthy food and you will be fine.
This virus has probably been laying dormant and when it has gone, you will feel like a new man. :)

Sunshine84
30-07-14, 21:54
Hi petesy, hope you feel better soon. Put some vicke on a hanky and keep sniffing it, it will help with your chest and also anxiety hopefully. Keep drinking warm drinks and go easy on yourself. I too suffer from chest infections and having anxiety makes it awful i hate it. Stay strong though and hope it passes soon xx

sarahxxx
12-01-15, 23:45
carnation did it last very long been ill for weeks and worried as its been 2 months on anfd off more on than off xxx

Carnation
13-01-15, 00:14
Hi Sarahxxx, I had it for nearly 3 months, but that was partly because I wouldn't take any antibiotics as I have a phobia about taking anything. Like you said; one day I thought I was better then the next day, I was bad again. Hang on in there, it looks like you may be coming to the end of yours.