PDA

View Full Version : Any advice welcome?!

elmo
19-12-06, 23:56
Hello all. Just found this site and find it really interesting and a great help to so many people. I am trying to find information about GAD because my boyfriend seems to fit all of the syptoms, and he agrees after seeing this site, but i am having real trouble to get him to talk to anyone about his problems. He simply gets anxious in alot of everyday situations such as shopping, visiting people and parties etc. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice about how i could get him some help to overcome his anxiety. Please reply if anyone has any advice, thanks. Debbie (elmo) [^]

trac67
20-12-06, 00:37
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

The following link is for the first steps to overcoming anxiety, I hope it is of some help :

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
20-12-06, 01:13
Welcome Debbie,

Certainly get your boyfriend to read the link Trac has made in her post above and the posts relating to GAD in this forum.

I hope he will be able to become a member in his own right here in due corse.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
20-12-06, 08:19
Hi Debbie,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is lovely.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Granny Primark
20-12-06, 11:08
Hi debbie,
Welcome to to the site.
Im sure that by him just coming on this site and reading the posts will help him. Just by knowing there are other people who are feeling like him is a big help in itself.
Also can i recommend the chatroom,there are always people that will listen give advice, support and encouragement.

Take care
LYNN xx

yorkylover
20-12-06, 11:23
Hi elmo,you sound like a very understanding and supportive partner.Your boyfriend will get lots of support and advise here.We all understand and were all very friendly.:);):)

Ellen XX

LickeyEndBlues
20-12-06, 11:46
Hi Debbie,

As folks have said there is plenty stuff in here that will help you and your b/f. Is he likely to venture in here himself? It is a pretty safe place and whilst can still create anxiety in some people it is an environment where you are not alone.

In the few months I have been here I have found out a lot about my GAD and how it affects me...I have also found out loads I didn't know!!

Hopefully we shall see you and your b/f in here posting and asking questions in the forums.

Take care...you are not alone in here...either of you.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

jill
20-12-06, 12:44
Hi Debbie, and hi boyfriend :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

I am sorry to hear what you boyfriend is going through, please tell him he's NOT alone on this, there are lots of nice people on here who wil help and support him.

You are a caring person Debbie, you see your loved one in trouble and want to help.[^]:D

What I would say is, as part of recover we have to learn to talk about things and learn all he can about GAD. now this site is the best place to do that, talking to people who unserdtands how he is feeling.

I do hope he joins for himself,

You both take care

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....