PDA

View Full Version : A mosquito bite has made my foot balloon!

claireypoo
30-07-14, 20:10
It looks massive! I was bitten on Sunday and today it is swollen and pink and itchy. I always have a small swelling and bit of redness reaction to mossies, but this is mad! I read that it can happen sometimes, but I also read it could be blood poisoning. HELP!?!

Annie0904
30-07-14, 20:17
This always happens to me with mosquito bites and then they I often end up with a big bruise and blisters too :( The only thing that eases mine is betnovate ointment from the doctor.

claireypoo
30-07-14, 20:38
Thank goodness I'm not alone! Can you get that OTC do you think? X

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

This is like my entire ankle has swollen! It hurts (because it is so swollen and stretched rather than for any other reason) and looks horrible! You get that too?

MRS STRESS ED
30-07-14, 20:45
Hi I got bitten by a horse fly two years ago on my ear ,the next day I looked in the mirror my god my ear had gone huge and it was as red as a tomato :huh:I ended up in hospital I was fine gave me anti histamins,anti bioctics and steriods I still have my ear xx :D

Annie0904
30-07-14, 20:50
I don't think you can get it otc. I agree with Mrs Stressed, take anti histamine tablets. Betnovate is a steroid based ointment.

Carnation
30-07-14, 20:54
:ohmy:I had this happen to my elbow. It got so swollen and red and felt very hot, I actually went to A & E, because it was so big! They did nothing, but my Mum said put calamine lotion on the area; it's pink stuff in a bottle that dries out and cools it down. It's brilliant stuff, people have been using it for decades. The swelling went down by the next day and was totally gone in a few days.

Fishmanpa
30-07-14, 20:54
Just be glad your not a dog that ate a bee! (http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/dogs-who-learned-the-hard-way-not-to-eat-bees)

Positive thoughts

claireypoo
30-07-14, 21:34
Thanks guys. Just saw pharmacist got antihistamine and steroid cream. X

PS HA HA HA FMP! :)

xBettyBoopx
31-07-14, 01:31
I very nearly posted the exact same thing last night. I too was bitten Sunday evening and it ballooned last night and I was freaked out!! I thought maybe I had been bitten by a poisonous spider!! :blush::blush: Dunno what's happening this year with these insects:lac::wacko: You're not alone:shades:

claireypoo
03-08-14, 00:04
Phew! It has gone down now. :) It still itches a bit, but it looks normal again! Yay!