PDA

View Full Version : Have some good news for y'all!

RaverNeko
31-07-14, 07:04
Hey everyone, I dunno if all of y'all read this thread that I created here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=157304), but I wanted to expand on that by creating a new thread here!

After several months of constant worrying, I've finally figured out what's been causing my symptoms, which have included various things such as:
• Constant headaches
• Lightheadedness
• Sore jaw
• Ringing in the ears
• Feeling of pressure around/behind eyes
• Stiff/sore neck

It just so happened to be a combination of TMJ and Bruxism! When I went to the doctor a couple days after the headaches initially started, he told me I had TMJ. At first I accepted his reason, but because the headaches weren't stopping and Ibuprofin didn't do the trick, I completely disregarded his diagnoses. A couple of weeks ago, I started to get lightheaded, then started to deal with tinnitus, and various other symptoms. After doing a Google search of my symptoms, I got a result for this webpage (http://www.onhealth.com/temporomandibular_joint__disorder/page2.htm) and the symptoms matched up perfectly.

I didn't self diagnose myself though. I went to the dentist today and after feeling my jaw and looking at my teeth, he told me I have TMJ and that I grind my teeth at night. While that may initially be a bad thing, it honestly put my mind at ease that I didn't have something like a brain tumor or something! On Saturday, I will be visiting the optometrist to get a full comprehensive eye exam. While I am still calm from the TMJ diagnoses, I'm just a teensy bit nervous about the eye exam because of how eye doctors can tell if you have a tumor by looking at your eye. If the eye exam goes well, I'm going to feel so much better!

Just figured I'd share the good news with y'all, :)

hearthstone25
31-07-14, 08:15
Good news but whats TMJ? Just grinding teeth? Id google it but I banned myself from that evil site.

SarahH
31-07-14, 09:26
Well done posting good news!!!! Its nice to see on here.

TMJ is teeth grinding... very common at night if anxious.

Sarah