PDA

View Full Version : Inhaled a mint?

Moondreams
31-07-14, 08:06
Hi all,

So coming up to three days ago, I was eating a polo mint/lifesaver while watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? I laughed at hard at one point and sucked in about a third of the broken down mint. I don't think I swallowed it and I didn't cough at all, it just disappeared down a pipe.

Now I am freaking out that it's either stuck in my windpipe or has gone into my lung. I've been clearing my throat quite a bit these last few days (but that is something I fall into when I get stressed) and it's a bit phlegmy. I can eat fine and my breathing is OK (it also goes a bit wonky when I get stressed so it's hard to judge!)

If it had gotten stuck in my throat/windpipe, would it still be there days later? And if it had gone into my lung, would I be having more adverse symptoms by now?

Brunette
31-07-14, 08:21
It's a mint. It's designed to dissolve when it gets wet. What's happened to it is exactly what happens to it when you suck one.

In fact it will probably have dissolved within about half an hour so no, it wouldn't still be there.

swanick15
31-07-14, 14:15
I'll admit this is probably the strangest thing I have ever seen on this forum and honestly I have no answer for you

Worried 24/7
01-08-14, 04:12
I once went to the er because I had choked on crushed pineapple. I felt Luke I couldn't get a deep breath and was scared it was in my lungs. That was my very first ever panic attack turns out that's why I felt like I couldn't breathe.

yenool
01-08-14, 15:09
Wow, you will have lovely fresh breath then :)

I think you would have coughed a lot had you actually got it into the windpipe or lung.