PDA

View Full Version : Dentist this pm EEK!

lj-anx
31-07-14, 14:42
Hi everyone, hope you're all feeling ok today.
I've got a dentist appt this PM for a routine filling, and I am absolutely terrified.

I've got to have an anaesthetic (only local - needle thing) but I am so scared. What if it goes wrong, what if i faint etc. :(

Anyone else get these ridiculous fears? I've read a few past posts with dentist worries in, so I guess it's normal to worry -

Best wishes to all -
LJ xx :flowers:

RaverNeko
31-07-14, 17:10
I'd recommend talking to the dentist about your fears and concerns. Usually they do a pretty good job of reassuring people who are nervous about going to the dentist. I can confidently tell you that out of all the tomes I went to the dentist, nothing has ever gone wrong.

Best wishes!

spuder
31-07-14, 18:42
I felt like this when I had my implant in my arm I was having a panic a Attack in the waiting room but when I got in the room it all happened so fast hope all goes ok

Green_tea
31-07-14, 21:57
My mother had a phobia of the dentist so they prescribed 2-3 10ml pills of diazepam for her to take over the 24 hours before the appointment. This was about 8 years ago but I assume they can still do something similar for people really struggling?

lj-anx
02-08-14, 16:32
Hi everyone! thanks for your replies. I ended up kicking up a real fuss in the chair - don't think I made the dentist's job any easier, but we got there in the end.
Thank you for all your support and kind words, they all really help :)
peace to all xx

Cags48
06-08-14, 14:15
I've just been through dental hell I hadn't been for 14yrs and I was a wreck but my dentist was nice I didn't have anaesthetic because I don't like to feel not in control I had the needle in the gum before he did the needles he rubbed numbing gel on bloody wonderful stuff hardly felt needles , I've had 3 root canals 2 wisdom teeth removed and my 2 front teeth :weep: I have a temporary dental plate at the moment which is a pain but once my gums have shrunk I'm paying private for a cobalt chromium partial I'm excited to get it ....... Dentist treatment as moved on so much now I wouldn't hesitate now I spent 14yrs terrified .....

lj-anx
06-08-14, 15:26
You're so right Cags - the stuff they can do now has changed soooo much. Didn't stop me squirming in the chair at the thought of not being able to move though. I like to be in control, too.
Pleased to hear your fears of the dentist are abating. Take care of yourself

LJ x