PDA

View Full Version : Looking for support- very health anxious

Panickypea
31-07-14, 19:42
Hi

I'm new to posting here but I regularly read posts from others and find it gives me great comfort and relief.
I have been anxious about my health for many years, my worst point was 2012 when I returned from a round the world trip. Since then I have started medication for my anxiety (citalopram) and found it helped massively BUT every 5 or so months I get a big bout of health anxiety. I was recently diagnosed with SVT and ventricular ectopy but was reassured that it is not harmful so feel ok about my heart.
However my constant recurring worry is to do with my brain. I have dizziness, jerky eyes, headaches and a feeling of doom- I am convinced its a tumour :( I have an mri on Sunday. Not sure if I should now post in a different thread?
Thanks for reading xx

Annie0904
31-07-14, 20:36
Hi Welcome to NMP :)
You might find this link helpful http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

Panickypea
31-07-14, 20:53
Thank you Annie, I will read it now....

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

I hope you can help- is it best to start a new thread in health anxiety or just sit tight? I would love to talk to anyone who has the same symptoms. Sorry, new here and not sure how it all works! X

Annie0904
31-07-14, 21:11
Yes you have done your introduction post so you can post in the Health anxiety section as well now :)

Panickypea
31-07-14, 22:24
Thank you very much xx