PDA

View Full Version : food poisoning fear

ItShouldGetBetter
31-07-14, 21:40
Hi all,

Just had southern fried chicken breast, shop bought from frozen. Cooked at right temperature for correct amount of time but I am still very worried about the risk of food poisoning. I usually avoid chicken, and am going to end up working myself up to a panic.

Any reassurance appreciated
Thank you

Sunflower2
01-08-14, 23:14
Well did the food poisoning happen?? If not, then have faith in your cooking skills and knowing that it won't harm you. If it smelled and tasted fine then it probably was fine!
I'm the same for worrying about food though, and actually so is my mum so we often have very well done crispy food haha!

ItShouldGetBetter
02-08-14, 00:48
Was fine in the end but having the same problem tonight about another meal a friend cooked for me, but that you can't even get poisoning from! Really struggling with all this.
It's good to hear from someone who understands and has an understanding parent

Sunflower2
02-08-14, 21:58
Yes I understand, almost every meal becomes a worry! But just get your rational thinking going and challenge those thoughts. And distract yourself with other stuff so you can think of other things. Know how difficult it can be though, I still can barely eat out in restaurants at all. If i do it's chips!