PDA

View Full Version : What would you consider a fever?

RyanM1994
31-07-14, 22:39
Hey All,

I'm going through a phase of keep checking my temperature again.

This particular thermometer has 3 coloured (smiley face) lights on it, as well as a digital display.
Quite a few times today it has gone up to around 37.8 (which shows an amber light), whereas it's normally at around 36.9/37.0

What would you guys consider a temperature?

Also, if I take it again around 5-10 minutes later, it normally goes down to 37.3 or similar (which indicates a green light)

Katy92
01-08-14, 10:04
37 is fine nothing worry about probs because ur worrying or warmer than normal 38+ is somet to worry about if so get self to doctors xx

Brunette
01-08-14, 13:28
A fever is the body's response to fighting off infections and viruses and would stay raised for a number of days.

If your readings are going up and down and you don't feel ill then it's just normal fluctuations in your body temperature.

Fishmanpa
01-08-14, 14:49
The only fever I would consider is Fever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxoAJ3Boyc) by Peggy Lee.

Positive thoughts

anthrokid
02-08-14, 00:10
Average body temperature is about 37 to my knowledge, give or take a degree depending on the person. So whatever your 'normal' body temperature is, I'd probably add a degree and not worry too much if it sits around that area. However, it is natural for your temperature to fluctuate during the day, either up or down about a degree. Your temperature will be different in the morning from at night, and during the day.

I'd recommend trying to cut back on the amount of times you take your temperature each day (I say this as someone who went through a similar phase when I was about 19yo). A good thing to try may be having a certain amount of time that has to pass before you allow yourself to measure your temperature again (e.g. 30 minutes). Then each day make this time longer (so 45 minutes the next day, one hour the following day), until you don't feel so anxious when you don't take it.