PDA

View Full Version : Worst fear regarding lungs

Emma_student
01-08-14, 01:22
Hi all,

So, I know I'm going to get slaps on the wrist for this but I am an asthmatic who smokes... Yep. Started because of uni and drinking, with everyone smoking in my block in halls I picked it up. I quit for about 4 months then in second year started again after stoptober. I would classify myself as a social smoker ( even though it's a silly name, I'm a smoker) I tend to have a cigarette/ crave one if I drink or just out of the blue. Couple of days a go, I ended up in a&e because I had wheezing and no inhaler but it's been a wake up call for me. I need to stop full stop.

It's odd how I have health anxiety about my heart, lungs, brain etc but yet I still smoke and drink (even though I've never been drunk)

Can anyone recommend a good stop smoking plan? Or website. I had an NHS kit but chucked it thinking I was going to turn into Audry Hepburn by smoking.

My anxiety has been ok at present, been feeling a bit low but I'm working on that. Thanks to those who've helped me in the last few months :)

Fishmanpa
01-08-14, 01:28
From cold turkey to meds to e-cigs. Everyone is different. You have to find the method that works for you. Regardless, continuing to smoke/drink makes no sense based on your fears. Time to step up and take control ;)

Positive thoughts