PDA

View Full Version : Autogenic therapy for anxiety?

Grover
20-12-06, 11:32
I have recently joined the NMP forum and have read loads of posts that I can totally identify with. I have suffered with anxiety states on and off for about 17 years. I am very much a double edged sword, being either very chilled for months at a time, then latching on to a negative thought, then being hyper anxious until I somehow manage to deal with that issue. For me its defiantely OCD based and like others here I easily misinterpate physical symptoms of the anxiety state as something more ominous.

Anyway, I have been studying nutritional therapy for the past 2 years and have found that food/nutrition plays an important role in our mental states. The other thing I thought may be of interest to others here is a method of relaxation I have been looking at for a while now called 'autogenic therapy'. I think for many it could definately help in turning down the anxiety dial a bit.

I did a search on this site and couldnt find any reference to it. So here is the link, let me know what you think....know....or have experienced about it. I may post this on all the subject forums, hope thats o.k!

http://www.autogenic-therapy.org.uk/

ksmith
20-12-06, 12:19
Hi Grover

I read the link and thought it was interesting. I especially like the notion of detached awareness through passive concentration (I am in this state most of the time but it is drug induced) so would be good to know how to achieve it without the medication.

Thanks

Kay x