PDA

View Full Version : I just fainted

Justinf
01-08-14, 08:55
I just fainted.
That's fainted, not farted. I fart all the time, but have never fainted.
I am on day 7 of the Optifast pre-op stage and am being banded next Friday.
I have stuck to it very well, although have allowed myself an extra piece of fruit per day (was told I could have one piece), but otherwise I have stuck to it rigidly.
I weighed 139kg 7 days ago and this morning I was 133.5kg, so that's pretty significant weight loss in the pre-op stage.
Tonight I was bending down trying to light the fire and got a stomach cramp in my ribcage, which I get all time. I quickly stood up and to get rid of the cramp I usually hold my breath for a bit and stick my tummy out and that seems to stretch the muscle and cramp is usually gone.
When I did that, I felt very dizzy and then fainted. I 'woke up' on the floor and thankfully my daughter was there. I kind of 'came to' as I was falling so I didn't hit my head or anything.
I have had right flank pain and microscopic amounts of blood and protein in my urine, which has been investigated. The first urine sample said 60 blood and 1.5 protein. The second sample was 30 and 'trace' so it was getting less. I had an ultrasound on my kidneys, liver, pancreas, bladder and prostate this week and it came back OK, except for a fatty liver. I had an x-ray on my kidneys and it came back clear.
I had to submit a 24-hour urine sample and another regular midstream sample and I will get the results of that tomorrow.
Despite the ultrasound and x-ray not showing tumours, I still worry about cancer.
So my question is, has anyone had this?
I am 44, male and have never fainted.
Could this have been due to the low-calorie diet and just standing up too fast and holding my breath for a few seconds? Or could it be cancer?
Or am I the only one who has had this happen?

paul78
01-08-14, 09:12
Are u tested about hep a,b,and c. They also couse dark urine with protien because inflamation of leaver.

Justinf
01-08-14, 09:14
Are u tested about hep a,b,and c. They also couse dark urine with protien because inflamation of leaver.
Nope. My urine isn't dark. The blood is microscopic and can only been seen under a microscopic. The protein at last urine test had all but gone.

paul78
01-08-14, 09:44
Well there is a person who tested these tests after pale urine and blood in urine . He had hcv and gallbladder tumor. His gallbladder was removed by doctors.

Justinf
01-08-14, 11:02
I forgot to mention that my gallbladder was also examined in the ultrasound and it was OK as well.

Fishmanpa
01-08-14, 12:36
I am 44, male and have never fainted.
Could this have been due to the low-calorie diet and just standing up too fast and holding my breath for a few seconds? Or could it be cancer?

I don't know how you came up with the connection of cancer :huh:

The explanation is in the quoted lines. Not enough food in your system, stood up fast and held your breath. BAM! It's called orthostatic hypotension. It's a form of low blood pressure when you stand up too quickly. That, combined with no food and holding your breath is why you fainted. I'll bet my next week's pay on it ;)

Positive thoughts

Justinf
01-08-14, 13:39
I don't know how you came up with the connection of cancer :huh:

The explanation is in the quoted lines. Not enough food in your system, stood up fast and held your breath. BAM! It's called orthostatic hypotension. It's a form of low blood pressure when you stand up too quickly. That, combined with no food and holding your breath is why you fainted. I'll bet my next week's pay on it ;)

Positive thoughts
Thanks mate.