PDA

View Full Version : Back from docs

rebeccad
01-08-14, 16:08
So came back from doctors this morning he examined me and said he was pretty sure it wasn't breast cancer he is not aloud to say 100% but he said he's pretty sure and would be as far as to say 90-99% sure it's not . He's sending me for a scan just to put my mind at rest and make double sure. I felt relieved when I left but now the doubts are setting in that until I get the scan I still may have breast cancer and also he may not have felt what I was feeling .
It's a never ending cycle

Dolphin8808
01-08-14, 17:10
You are right, its a never ending cycle. I have been through the same exact scare you are going through now. But once you get that scan back you are going to feel SOOOO much better! Waiting is the hardest part of all, the not knowing 100%. I think its why we push for scans the way we do. We need to be sure, without a doubt, but even then we question the accuracy of the results.

Prayers for you, its GREAT news what your doc said. He knows what he is looking for and he is confident which is AWESOME. Many women have breast lumps and over 80% are non-cancerous. You are going to be fine!

Soak in the great news of what your doc said, the scan will only put your mind at even more ease.

anthrokid
02-08-14, 00:14
Your initial response was relief, so try and focus on that rather than the doubts you started to feel afterwards. Your doctor has likely examined many breasts before and has had a lot of training and experience in regards to what to look for. If he's pretty sure you don't have breast cancer then that is a good sign :) And even better is that he's sending you for a scan for absolute certainty and to give you peace of mind. You may still have some anxiety leading up to the scan, but just keep in mind that your doctor is really quite sure that you are fine. And he's sending you for a scan, so in the very rare 1% chance that there is something going on, it will be picked up nice and early and you'll be alright :)