PDA

View Full Version : Ebola and my concern

Tastee
02-08-14, 00:10
Hi again. I'm suffering from a panic attack again and this seems to help. I hope no one finds this to ridiculous.

I'm in a international airport, and I had to use the bathroom. I'm a male. So I went into the open stall and opted not to use the urnal because they tend to be very gross. I went into the stall right after another male. I noticed he hadn't flushed so I tried to. It didn't work. Alright, so I just proceeded. Here's where my anxiety hits me: I remember seeing the whole Ebola outbreak stuff all over the news and how someone contracts it. They said urine is a way.

So in my head- I urinated in a toilet full of someone else's urine- then somehow there must be a splash of urine that came from that toilet and entered through my private.

It's making me go nuts. Do you think this is possible?

anthrokid
02-08-14, 00:49
I honestly do not think that is possible. Think about it logically - what are the chances of a splash of urine from a toilet jumping up into that tiny little hole in your own genitals? I'd say you're pretty darn safe. Also, the chances of the person before you having Ebola are incredibly slim if you consider the prevalence rate in the general population. I think it's safe to say you're alright.

RoseEve
02-08-14, 02:38
You can't transmit the disease that way. You would have to force urine up your penis. No way can this happen. I'm a science teacher I am certain.

Em.ma
02-08-14, 18:47
I really wish the media would stop scaring us like this! We don't need to hear it all the time on the news.
I don't think you have any chance of catching up from that situation x

eastofeden
02-08-14, 21:09
The chances of that person having ebola in the first place are slim to none. If he had ebola he'd be on his deathbed not strolling around the airport. The chances of urine going into your urethra from splashback are pretty much zero.