PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone, good to meet you

jtmlk
12-08-04, 23:26
Hello im John, 35 years old and have suffered from depression on and off but mainly on for 18 years, recently at my last outpatients it was decided that i actually suffer from social phobia, stress and anxiety which they feel now causes the depression rather than being symptoms of it.

The worst thing for me is the sweating if i get anxious, i get soaked in a few minutes as my adrenalin burns far to quickly. Its also difficult feeling scared of things especially as im a strong looking 6ft man.

I read about OCD on this site and felt a huge sense of relief as many of the things described me.

Ive had all my meds changed, been on anti ds for last 2 years at quite a high dose and many times before but coming off them and using busar and venefaxine.

I work full time within the mental health system, am married and have two beautiful and loving boys who are 9 months old.

I have also been through a course of CBT which is excellent and helped, it was for a research project to see if people with dysthmic depression would react better to cbt or ifct(?).

Anyway lovely to meet you, it would be especially good to hear from people who live in east sussex so we could have a mini meet up.

cheers
john

Meg
13-08-04, 09:02
Hi John ,

Welcome. Please read z's for Y's this week .

Has the CBT gone some waz to getting ozu to stop the adrenalin bursts ?

I notice that zou mentions the depression and anxietz and social phobia but that it was OCD that zou could relate too. Do ozu have OCD features ?

I bet those twins keep zou busz !!

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

tara
13-08-04, 12:43
Hi John, welcome to the site. I'm Tara , 29, and also suffer with anixety, depression, panic, not all the time due to the medication working really well for me. I used to get really anxious when standing in shops, being on a bus, visiting friends ect. it has decresed a lot since taking meds and feel a lot more together now. I don't think it matters who you are, what walk of life your from it effects all us sufferes the same. Take Care Tara xx

jtmlk
13-08-04, 18:43
Meg im a bit thick- what are z's and y's?
Tara, hopefully medication should help me as well, where abouts are you from?

tara
13-08-04, 18:52
I'm from Wales. Take Care , Tara x

nomorepanic
13-08-04, 20:08
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Meg im a bit thick- what are z's and y's?
Tara, hopefully medication should help me as well, where abouts are you from?

<div align="right">Originally posted by jtmlk - 13 August 2004 : 18:43:19</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Meg is using a foreign keyboard so when she presses a y she gets a z!! lol

Welcome to the site - I do hope we can help you in some way.

I get hot too - sweat all the time - bad aint it!!

Just a quickie to say hi and sort out the confusion over y and z

Nicola

Karen
13-08-04, 20:29
Hi John

Welcome to the forum.

I'm 35 and I also have depression and social phobia which I've been struggling with for 22 years.

I hope you find the site helpful.

Best wishes,

Briary

sal
13-08-04, 21:34
Hi John

Welcome to the site. Hope you get all the support and help you need. Its really good and there are so many caring and understanding people on here.

One of the hardest part is thinking you are on your own and only you feel like that, but here you will realise you are by no way alone.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

Alison
16-08-04, 13:16
Hi everyone

My name is Alison. I'm new to this site even though I've had panic attacks since I was little (though I still am). Recently I have not been well nd it has started them off all time. I've never had them constantly before but they dont seem to wnat to go away as I'm constantly nervous and dizzy all the time. Do you know if this is normal or what anyone else has been experiencing. I have been to a doctor but they dont seem to say much.

Thanks all

Alison

Meg
16-08-04, 14:15
Hi Alison ,

Often being ill is what starts reocurrances of panic as some of the symptoms are similar.
What's been wrong with you ?

The dizzyness and nervousness are both common .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Alison
16-08-04, 16:04
Hi Meg

Its mainly gyne (cant spell) problems, but the waiting and not knowing have kicked off some majors panic attacks. I think I have just been really stressed lately and not done anything about it so its just a hit me really hard. I guess it happens to more people than I think, but I dont really have anyone to talk to about it.

Thanks for the advice, hope you are ok.

Alison