PDA

View Full Version : Herpex Simplex - help

Ventussi
03-08-14, 06:22
Hi, i probably have Herpex Simplex on my mouth. I googled it and now i convinced I'm dying. My IBS acts up, my hands are shaking. This is not a provocation. I'm truly suffering because of looking into the Internet. I need help :(

Fishmanpa
03-08-14, 08:04
HSV1 (cold sores), the herpes virus that shows up in the oral cavity area is quite common as is type two (genital). With over 25% of the population having it. While it's a bit inconvenient, it's not dangerous. The only way to diagnose is through cultures from an active/open lesion or blood tests specifically done to look for the herpes antibodies. Again, while it's not the most pleasant thing to have during an outbreak, it's not dangerous or deadly I assure you.

Positive thoughts

Ventussi
03-08-14, 08:20
I'm afraid of the potential causes of it. It's rather unusual to me to have such things so when they happen suddenly I always think that there has to be some underlying disease. And here comes the big C, autoimmune diseases etc. That's why I'm scared :(

Fishmanpa
03-08-14, 08:26
The ONLY way you get HSV is from skin to skin contact from an infected partner.

Positive thoughts

Justinf
03-08-14, 10:27
HSV1 is one of the most common viruses on the planet. it's harmless. If it's symptomatic, it can be a nuisance, but it's harmless.

SADnomore
03-08-14, 16:17
HSV1 is also commonly called "cold sores". I have had them periodically since childhood. Probably got it from a sweet old auntie, kiss-kiss-kiss, lol! They tend to come on more when I am under stress and/or it is very hot or very cold outside. They hurt a lot more now than I remember when I was a kid, not just tingling for a day or two before the 'eruption' of the cold sore, but a throbbing pain too, and they can last for several days hurting like that until they dry up and go away. Obviously, you don't want to be kissing anyone else from the time the very first symptoms start until you are all clear for some days. But, yeah, it's not the end of the world, or your immune system or anything like that.

To hasten healing, you take the same drug as for genital herpes. Yep, a little embarrassing when picking up at the pharmacy, and I'm not gonna lie, the pills are extremely expensive. But very effective when taken as prescribed.

*A little known fact!* If you get these sores recurrently, you can stop the pattern by taking them long term, one per day. After I complained to my doctor a couple of summers back after getting one, at the outer corner of my bottom lip a number of times with a break of only a week or two, he told me to take as usual for the normal two day course (I think it's 2 pills, 3 times for one day, twice for the second), and then CONTINUE to take it, ONE PILL per day for 4 MONTHS. I did it, religiously, and didn't get them for a couple of years. Strange but true! Ask your doctor.

You may or may not have Herpes Simplex 1. Go find out, because it is not a big deal. Very treatable. :)
Marie xx

Rennie1989
03-08-14, 16:24
Cold sores are not dangerous. I've had the virus since I was 18 and haven't had an outbreak for over 4 years. The worst I get is a tingling sensation on a spot that looks a bit unsightly for a week, but nothing ghastly.

Word of advice, don't Google!

Ventussi
03-08-14, 17:09
Thank you all for reassuring me.

It seems it's not a cold sore. I had exaggerated it a bit. Looks more like some kind of a burn. When I woke up and saw this, I panicked and it caused me to have 2 loose BMs. I was so scared. And now my legs muscles hurt like after a long walk. Probably because this panic thing. My nervous system is a total wreck :weep: