PDA

View Full Version : Is this just panic/anxiety?

Sammy1988
03-08-14, 19:11
So it's always nice to be reassured and I'm not sure all my symptoms are because of anxiety: my head constantly feels full almost like it's got a brick inside, it sometimes feels hot/headache

My other symptoms are feeling unfamiliar when looking in the mirror, or family members somewhat seem different.

Also feeling really tired & fatigued I've also had scary thoughts & fear of going/already gone crazy

It almost feels as If I'm living inside my head lol

Also when I get scared I have to run to the toilet, sweaty hands & feet and a feeling inside that I'm guessing is adrenaline x

Any help/tips would be welcomed greatly :-) xx

Oosh
03-08-14, 19:32
Yeh all sounds like anxiety to me.

Youre not going crazy. Fear of going crazy is as common to an anxiety sufferer as spots are to a leopard. Ive had it and ive heard it hundreds of times.
Its fears like that though that make you feel out of control and send you panicking.
Once you see that youre not going crazy and see whats happening for what it is, simply a fear response, it takes a lot of the power away from it.

Get rid of those big fears as quick as you can. Then youre just left with the reality you have some adrenalin in your blood stream which is uncomfortable and gives you some unpleasant symptoms but it IS just adrenalin.

I used to have foggy head/thinking and poor balance for a long time. I didnt even know it was anxiety. So, yeh, it does some odd things to you. But nothing to get too worried about. See it like a stone in your shoe. Its uncomfortable but you can ignore it and carry on regardless. As long as you dont have any of those big fears freeking you out.

Exercise is good at clearing the adrenalin from your blood stream and filling it with feel good stuff. So a walk, a go on an exercise bike, good nutrition, all good ways to fight back against those annoying symptoms.

Sammy1988
03-08-14, 20:03
Thank you so much for getting back to me! I think like anything acceptance is the key I'm going to work hard to get rid of it :-) xx

AthenaFaeyrn
03-08-14, 22:53
Hi there Sammy :)

I actually joined this forum because of this post of yours. I identified with it so much from my own anxiety, I had to join and respond! (Plus, I think I should have joined someplace like this long ago! - Looooong-time anxiety sufferer here!)

So it's always nice to be reassured and I'm not sure all my symptoms are because of anxiety: my head constantly feels full almost like it's got a brick inside, it sometimes feels hot/headache

My other symptoms are feeling unfamiliar when looking in the mirror, or family members somewhat seem different.

Also feeling really tired & fatigued I've also had scary thoughts & fear of going/already gone crazy

It almost feels as If I'm living inside my head lol

Also when I get scared I have to run to the toilet, sweaty hands & feet and a feeling inside that I'm guessing is adrenaline x

Any help/tips would be welcomed greatly :-) xx

It's literally like I'm reading something I've written myself.

That feeling of feeling like I'm somehow "living inside my own head" is something that started with me from childhood, (I believe it started after an incident in which I almost drowned, aged around 8), I had this feeling constantly.

At the time, I thought there was actually something wrong with my eyes, and I would panic so much thinking "the world had changed". Life just didn't seem... "right" anymore. Plus I lost an absolute TON of self-confidence (I used to be loaded with it), and sort of felt like I had become somehow trapped inside my own brain.

Just everything I did, made me feel like everything had changed in a sort of weird way. It was (and still is) like there is some sort of "veil" that had come down between myself and reality.

I'm relieved to have discovered your post. I hope you feel less alone; I sure do after having read yours. <3

Sammy1988
04-08-14, 02:05
Wow, Glad you joined, and now feel less alone lol I think the veil feeling is called depersonalization? Hope you start to feel better soon x

aprilmoon
04-08-14, 07:49
Hi Sammy and Athena!
Welcome to NMP!
Yup,I've had a lot of these sort of thoughts as well,I even took myself down to A and E at one point,convinced that I was losing it,and guess what?
Yes.anxiety.
It helps so many people if you can talk honestly and openly about these sort of things,and takes the fear and anxiety out of them
Best wishes :)