PDA

View Full Version : Android virus!?

Em.ma
03-08-14, 21:51
I just let my brother use my android alcatel tablet one touch...
He was on a site and I got a virus alert he had clicked okay to something which scanned the tablet and then come up telling me to download this virus android thing which I didn't...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2709919/Massive-security-alert-Android-Fake-ID-bug-experts-warn-personal-financial-details-millions-users-risk-four-YEARS.html

I'm now reading this...
And thinking someone could hack my details from the play store. I have an account for that :O

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

He clicked okay so I'm terrified something's come up now

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=android+virus+alert+scan+now&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TJreU7KROoWd0AXMg4H4CA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1024&bih=672#facrc=_

I got one of these but didn't click install

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

I installed avg nothing came up...
I looked st my google account I set up on the tablet and I don't think I used my bank details on it so am I safe?
I got it for free when I get my phone as I had two three contracts.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Does any one know anything about this?

shakey1961
03-08-14, 22:09
Remove your bank details from Google Play so no virus can get your details. If you need to buy apps, buy Google Play vouchers. That way, if you lose money, you'll only lose what's in your Google Play Voucher.

No more worries.

Em.ma
03-08-14, 22:12
I tried to see if I had my bank details on that account and no I don't think I had as I tested buying an app and it come up with add a payment method so am I ok?

venusbluejeans
03-08-14, 23:01
you would be better off posting this on an android forum not this one Emma