PDA

View Full Version : CBT – give it a go

Fj2014
04-08-14, 10:31
Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all doing okay??

If you’ve read my previous posts, you’ll know that I’ve been suffering with HA since I started a new job three months ago (can’t believe it’s been so long).
I had a urine infection which was very painful and freaked me out I guess, along with an unhelpful doctor who seemed v. v. fixated on a family history of cancer – since then I have ‘had’ several forms of cancer.
I have had five trips to the doctor, two trips to a&e, five blood test, a renal/pelvic ultrasound and an appointment at the breast clinic – all my results came back clear.
My very last ‘test’ will be a trip to see a gyno on Friday then I couldn’t possibly see anyone else...

But the reason I’m writing is, I decided, when I got my clear results back that I would have a look at the free CBT course on here and even though it’s only be four days, I can feel the positive effects already – I didn’t realise that work triggers my panics because I didn’t know I was having panic attacks or why they kept happening – turns out when I’m stressed I think about being ill and scanning for symptoms and then more come on due to panic.

The CBT explains why this happens and how to deal with it – it’s very useful and makes me a lot less scared.

My current symptom is a sore hip which I have inadvertently put down to bone cancer – despite having fully clear bloods and an ultrasound but now I’m starting to question this fear which feels great.

Fishmanpa sent me this link and I really think it is worth looking at.. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131664

Good look xx