PDA

View Full Version : Hard lumps in my neck skin

Mdeasha
04-08-14, 11:52
I've been really fixated on lymphoma recently. Been to my GP about nodes in my groin, they are firm but movable, well under 1cm. Had multiple blood tests done that indicated no problems.

I then realised I've had small lumps in my neck skin, IN not under. I know some of them.have been there for months. Not sure about others as I have never gone extensively digging before. They're hard and under a cm again and painless unless I squeeze them a lot (nothing ever comes out except a clear sticky fluid). They're mostly on my left side but can feel a couple on my right. There are also similar lumps just under the middle of my right cheekbone and the very edge of my left one. Because they're in my skin they only move when I move my skin. Don't move if I try and push them around.

I had my GP look at one I had (when I had forgotten about the rest) who said it wasn't a node and said "Acne can cause this". (I have had very mild acne for 6 years). I don't understand that though as nodular and cystic acne is painful and can be burst?

I have no other symptoms of Lymphoma, no night sweats or major weight loss. Stupidly I Googled "hard, fixed lumps in the neck." Everything is telling me that it's a sign of malignancy, my Dad pointed out the they are in the skin and not attached to underlying tissue as most state, but I don't know if this means the skin or the tissues underneath. He also pointed out the lumps are on my face. I don't know if it's possible to feel lymph nodes in the face.

I'm at my witts end, cry most of the day. Mostly out of fear. My relationships are all falling apart. Family, Friends, Girlfriend. All slowly getting fed up of me. I feel like nobody is taking me.seriously and the only thoughts in my head are about Lymphoma, staging, low grade and cure rates.

I don't know what I'm looking for posting this, I think I just needed to get it down. Thanks for taking the time to read it anyway. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow at 10, just want it to be now so I can be told if all this worry has been necessary.

AnxietyDJ
04-08-14, 12:07
Hi, sorry to hear that you are worrying so much. I had a friend that had severe 'lumps' and scarring due to very bad acne on her lower neck and shoulders (they remained years after the acne cleared up and didn't look like acne 'spots' at all). This could potentially be the same as with you as well.

You're doing the best thing by going to your GP - hope everything is fine... I'm sure it will be :)

Mdeasha
04-08-14, 14:41
Thanks for the reply DJ, just can't see past cancer right now. It's the only thing in my head, need some other possibilities. But if you type hard lumps into Google it always tells you its bad...

Yeah that's what I assumed my doctor meant. But I never really had that bad acne, I would just say I had/have spots. I should also mention I've had another Doctor feel that side of my neck previously, who said "No I can't feel anything". I don't know if by anything he meant nodes or ANYTHING.

Dolphin8808
04-08-14, 15:35
I had a huge lymphoma scare as well. We get so fixated and can't see past it. I am sorry you are suffering at the moment. I hope this passes quickly for you. Being they are on the skin, moveable etc... I am sure you are totally fine. I had 2 lumps, under the skin, hard as rock and totally unmovable. Turns out it was bones in my neck. Crazy!

swanick15
04-08-14, 15:53
I have severe acne all over and sometimes before a spot appears a large hard lump will appear before the spot erupts.

Mdeasha
04-08-14, 16:20
Again, thanks for the replies guys. I'm just worried because they're not on top of the skin. In it if that makes sense. Like there's some skin over the top and they're fixed in that bit of the skin, like a spot is on top. I should also mention that I properly went after one before, to see if I could get it to rise to the surface to pop it and this completely clear and sticky liquid came out. I'm guessing if they were nodes literally nothing would be coming out when I squeezed them???