PDA

View Full Version : Neuralgia/Rehumatism/Migraines???

Jem27
20-12-06, 15:55
I have had a ct scan and bloods done and aparently none of the pain ive had that ive though and the drs have thought was sinus infections.

I saw my dr after seeing the consultant and he wasn't certain it was neuralgia as he said that was more like shooting pain. He said maybe migraines but again wasn't' sure, just said to take pain killers when it happens. He did suggest a low dose anti d for nerve pain but I said no straight away.

I haven't had the pain in 3 weeks but yesterday I started feeling heavy in my head and I have 2 raised glands in my jaw, I only get these when I have a cold coming on but I never get full blown colds I seem to get a heavy head for a few days then im better but it comes and goes lately. I don't get full blown headaches either this is how it feels.

Its always on one side, 1 ear aches (not pain more like a dull warm ache) the cheek on the same side will ache and my eye on that side. Then on the same side my arm and leg especially will really ache.

Any ideas what this pain could be???? Today its all over my left side of my face, arm & leg. Painkillers harldy touch it, grrrrr. I don't have a temp at all, im not very snotty, abit bunged up but not much, im very tired but 6 hrs broken sleep isn't good. It feels like sinus pain in my face but the dr said it can't be.

Anyone else suffer from this???? it happens in summer and winter but esp bad the last 2 months or so.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

jill
20-12-06, 17:13
Hi Jem,

I have not had this myself, but a friend of mine who suffer pa anxiety has, she has had test after test and all come back normal, her's comes and goes, it can be gone for weeks, even monthes.

I found this which may help,

The term “face ache” comes from this feature of anxiety. Most of this symptom is caused by tension, not only in the face, neck and shoulders, which can refer pain to the jaw and teeth, but also in the jaw itself.

Not sure if this helps, but tension can cause alot of pain.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as mush about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...

soggypops
20-12-06, 17:16
Hi
I have and still do get the pains . To me it feels like all your nerves are exposed and even your clothes next to your skin is unbareable. It can start on my face then seems to work its way down. The Dr told me it was a sort of nuralgia ?
I have to take pain killers when it starts . When i am in the car and the window is open if the wind catches my face then that somtimes sets it off.
I hope that helps a little?
Elly
x

x soggypops x

Jem27
20-12-06, 19:06
Thank you both, so do you think anxiety can really cause this? I notice it does come on when ive had a few bad days of being anxious.

pinkpenny1uk
20-12-06, 19:53
hi jem,
i have had something similar to what u have described. i started suffering with pain in my jaw, neck and ears last december. my dentist refered me to a consultant at the maxiofacial clinic because he thought it was nueralgia.
i have been going to the clinic every month since about march and the consultant i see there has been wonderful. he too perscribed a low doze of anti d but unlike you i decided to take it.
i have felt a lot better since being on it facial wise although i have had some aching these last few days (think its the cold.)
i think if i recall my consultant told me it was something todo with my nerve endings.

wishing u all the best
penny x

Jem27
20-12-06, 20:23
Do u not get it down your body? what does he think causes it?

jill
20-12-06, 20:45
Hi Jem,

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

It does sound anxiety related to me, a symptoms of anxiety, you have already noticed it comes on when you have bad days, is it there when you are totley distracted, mmmmmm silly question really, you would not notice it would you.

Not sure if this is any help Jem,

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...

Jem27
20-12-06, 20:56
Thanks Jill, I understand it much better now and feel reassured.

Thank you.

rmlamatt
20-12-06, 21:13
Have you ever tried and Upper Cervical Chiroprator?

Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Jem27
20-12-06, 21:34
A what? sorry, hehe.

Alexocelix
21-12-06, 17:35
Sorry I just posted a similar topic. I get pains all over the place on my head, face, forehead. All pains of which I've never really had before panic attacks. I'm guessing therefore that they're down to a kind of residual anxiety.

Jem27
21-12-06, 20:21
I bet it is anxiety but it often feels like sinus and ear pain then I get it all down my body. My dr said today pain travels and not to worry.

hayles
22-12-06, 10:01
Hi Jem
I get it a lot lately but it starts with sharp head pains, dull neck ache and then immense pressure in my head and face and then what i think feels like sinus pain above my eyebrows and in my eye sockets!!!!

My doctor said it is stress, but i have been seeing an osteopath and he says it is stress and posture that causes the mucsles in my nerves and neck to spasm. He has manipulated my neck and back and to tell you the truth it really helps.

Maybe you should try it

Have a good xmas xxx

Hay x

Jem27
22-12-06, 12:31
Thanks Hayles,

How are you doing?

I use to see an osteopath and she thought I was all knotted up, I might go back after xmas.

Does your pain travel down your arm and leg on that side though? mine does, it really hurts.

lizrodricks
14-03-08, 00:47
Hi,

Ive had these attacks before and it is very painful. I had trigiminal neurgelia.

You too seem to be showing the same signs. The pain starts around

midnight or wee hours of the morning rudely waking u up from ur sleep.

I could not even bear to speak on the telephone. and any sound irrated me

during the day including bright lights.

Wish u all the best and if u need any further info pl feel free to write to me.

Take care,
lizrodricks

I have had a ct scan and bloods done and aparently none of the pain ive had that ive though and the drs have thought was sinus infections.

I saw my dr after seeing the consultant and he wasn't certain it was neuralgia as he said that was more like shooting pain. He said maybe migraines but again wasn't' sure, just said to take pain killers when it happens. He did suggest a low dose anti d for nerve pain but I said no straight away.

I haven't had the pain in 3 weeks but yesterday I started feeling heavy in my head and I have 2 raised glands in my jaw, I only get these when I have a cold coming on but I never get full blown colds I seem to get a heavy head for a few days then im better but it comes and goes lately. I don't get full blown headaches either this is how it feels.

Its always on one side, 1 ear aches (not pain more like a dull warm ache) the cheek on the same side will ache and my eye on that side. Then on the same side my arm and leg especially will really ache.

Any ideas what this pain could be???? Today its all over my left side of my face, arm & leg. Painkillers harldy touch it, grrrrr. I don't have a temp at all, im not very snotty, abit bunged up but not much, im very tired but 6 hrs broken sleep isn't good. It feels like sinus pain in my face but the dr said it can't be.

Anyone else suffer from this???? it happens in summer and winter but esp bad the last 2 months or so.

I'm at a loss of what to do.