PDA

View Full Version : attention deficit

mickeyb44
04-08-14, 12:44
Hi all,

I have paranoid schizophrenia and anxiety which I take strong meds for. For the last couple of weeks my attention span has been about 15 mins, is this just another symptom of my illness ?

Michael

p.s. if anyones interested in watching my weather, timelapse and thunderstorm videos, they can be found from the link in my contact info.

SADnomore
06-08-14, 06:11
Hi, Michael. This question is something that many of us probably wonder about with whatever condition we have. It's a good question! It may be one for you to ask your doctor or therapist. Meanwhile, maybe some folks with your illness who are on NMP forums will want to comment.

From what you've shared with us, it is still early days for you with your diagnoses and medications. And new things to learn for your volunteer job as well means you are busy for sure. You may find that your attention span improves as time goes on, or you may find ways to cope with it and be able to function well even with the shortened attention span.

Keep posting! :D
Marie

Fishmanpa
06-08-14, 13:14
Hi all,

I have paranoid schizophrenia and anxiety which I take strong meds for. For the last couple of weeks my attention span has been about 15 mins, is this just another symptom of my illness ?

Michael

p.s. if anyones interested in watching my weather, timelapse and thunderstorm videos, they can be found from the link in my contact info.

Cool videos! If you have the patience to film storms and do the editing, I would say you don't have ADD ;)

Positive thoughts