PDA

View Full Version : please please help...

maltahypo
04-08-14, 14:23
I am a mess. Please do help me. I have had this strange feeling in my little toe for some time. Went to the doc last week and said it is nothing to worry about just a nerve. It like feels sensitive to touch, can move it around and I noticed that it gets better or worse depending on the shoes I wear. Also I have been continuously wearing flip flops for some 10 days and have knee and shin aches, not pain, more like pressure, pulling feeling. Also, today whilst crouching over to look at my toe I felt pain in my buttock near my butt crack and now I can still feel an ache.

I really feel doomed and can't feel any better. Hope it is nothing serious.

.Poppy.
04-08-14, 21:46
Your body is made up of muscles. Stretching them in ways they aren't used to causes pain - this is totally normal. Bending over is what is causing the pain in your rear, so don't worry about it and it will sort itself out.

The leg pain sounds as if it's related to the flip flops. Those kind of shoes have absolutely no support or shock absorption and it puts a lot of impact on your legs when you walk around in them - the same thing happens to me. This is especially true when you walk on hard surfaces (floors, sidewalks, etc.) as opposed to just grass or sand.

As for the toe - trust your doc. The fact that different shoes aggravate it supports his conclusion. I had a friend who had the exact same thing and she just tried to wear tennis shoes and others that gave her toes enough room and she was fine. It would even get to the point with her that her toe would go totally numb, but all was well. Her father is a well-respected doctor, so if there was even the possibility of it being something serious, she would have been having tests run right away, but it's not serious and she's still fine :smile:

Just relax and I hope you get to feeling better.

Fishmanpa
04-08-14, 22:12
I understand your concern. HA has a tendency to take something minor and non threatening and turn it into something major. It's a nerve pain. It'll pass and as your doctor says, it's nothing to worry about.

I happen to know nerve pain intimately as I suffer from peripheral neuropathy from chemo treatments. There are times, even with medication, that it feels like my feet are being stabbed with hot pokers. Same thing in my neck and shoulder. Add to that a phantom itch on my back that never really goes away. It's not serious or life threatening but it's a PITA (kinda like your butt crack ache ;) ) I'll trade ya :D

Positive thoughts

maltahypo
05-08-14, 18:28
Thanks a lot. Little Toe felt better today but I am sometimes getting an ache on it and I am freaking out again. I am now feeling some pressure in my big toe too. Could it be something serious? I am terrified these symptoms will lead to my death as docs do not know what I have.