PDA

View Full Version : So made it. In Eastbourne and having a horrible moment!

Female healthanxiety
04-08-14, 20:17
So, have a holiday booked for the 18th August for a week in Cyprus! And am on a weeks holiday with friends in Eastbourne for a week, since Saturday, so have another 5 days left!!!

I had my friend and her daughter over for the night as I thought it would be nice for her to share the break and as much as I love kids and have plent of patience, she has been driving me and my friends nuts!

She has just left and all sighed relief!!!

I now have my horrible left arm, shoulder, hand pain and I'm now feeling really panicy!!!

I'm meant to begging out For something to eat!!

Any replies really appreciated,

K xxxx

Primula
05-08-14, 13:21
Hi hope you are feeling better now. :)

Lemondrizzle
06-08-14, 23:12
Oh I'm just by eastbourne. Have you seen the poor pier: (

BikerMatt
06-08-14, 23:57
Oh I'm just by eastbourne. Have you seen the poor pier: (
I live in Eastbourne it's such a shame about the pier it's a big part of the town and seafront.

Serenity1990
07-08-14, 00:12
I'm sorry to hear you're in Eastbourne. I had to visit it occasionally but I'm better now.

As for the pains in the arm and shoulder, everyone gets those transient things, it'll pass. :)

AnxietyDJ
07-08-14, 02:15
Yes, the poor pier... Really sucks.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling off right now - just remember to stay as calm as you can and things will ease and pass over time... It's just the anx messing with you.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

p.s. where in Cyprus are you going?

Female healthanxiety
08-08-14, 15:43
Hey guys

Have been fine last few days thanks to all your helpful comments.

Today is our past day - leaving tomorrow at 10 x me and my friends had a nice massage last night. Woke up this morning and took my sister to the shopping centre and came over all dizzy, like when I was walking I felt like I was walking to the side, my head felt a bit twitchy and heavy in my temples as well. I has to walk back and the whole 10 mins felt like I was gonna faint..... I am so scared right now.

I feel all clammy and sweaty as well.

Just got back in and feel like I don't even want to move my head from this phone as I feel so dizzy, my neck feels stiff and head feels heavy.

Im going paphos in Cyprus but if I feel like this then probably not.

I'm now in the garden sitting on a chair and stAring at my phone as do not want to move my head or eyes

Xx

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

My friend just made me and gin and T to calm me not sure if it's the right thing to do but hating feeling like this I am sitting here and thinking something is going to happen!

jackanory84
08-08-14, 15:55
Hey guys

Have been fine last few days thanks to all your helpful comments.

Today is our past day - leaving tomorrow at 10 x me and my friends had a nice massage last night. Woke up this morning and took my sister to the shopping centre and came over all dizzy, like when I was walking I felt like I was walking to the side, my head felt a bit twitchy and heavy in my temples as well. I has to walk back and the whole 10 mins felt like I was gonna faint..... I am so scared right now.

I feel all clammy and sweaty as well.

Just got back in and feel like I don't even want to move my head from this phone as I feel so dizzy, my neck feels stiff and head feels heavy.

Im going paphos in Cyprus but if I feel like this then probably not.

I'm now in the garden sitting on a chair and stAring at my phone as do not want to move my head or eyes

Xx

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

My friend just made me and gin and T to calm me not sure if it's the right thing to do but hating feeling like this I am sitting here and thinking something is going to happen!

Ok, so we're all told to stay away from alcohol with our anxiety, but sometimes a G&T (I prefer also) calms me down a little. You need to take yourself out of the situation. I know that's easy enough to say, but to distract myself, I often look up at the sky and let my mind wander but looking specifically for things like "oh there's a cloud" "I can hear birds, where are they?" If you get what I mean? If I'm inside, I'll look out of the window and people watch or car watch or anything to take my mind off it. Not sure if it'll help at all, but I'll try anything once!

Hope you're feeling better soon. It's rubbish isn't it!? I like you, am off to Crete in less than two weeks and I am so scared something is going to happen to me whilst I am away

Female healthanxiety
08-08-14, 16:26
Oh jackonory!

What a delight to read your post! You sound like my twin you really do.

What are we like!!? Yea it is horrible, one minute we are 'normal' and the next we are full of despair. There is never any warning signs it's just comes head on.

I know what you are saying about the alcohol, we booked a cottage for a week and I have been having a few glasses of cheeky baileys and have been fine all week - have nearly finished the glass of my Bombay sapphire! Thank gosh it's not only me that likes a gin (I drink it because it's not half so bad on the waist line compared to wine!)

I've hidden for 3 years my HA from my partner and this is my first holiday with him and I think subconsciously maybe thinking about it!!!

Well I am in the garden now and listening to the seagulls, feel a big better then I did 20 minutes ago but still have the heady dizzy feeling and my eyes feel really heavy :-(

How long are you going Crete for? I'm going Cyprus for a week from the 16th August

Xxx

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

I'm sorry to hear you're in Eastbourne. I had to visit it occasionally but I'm better now.

As for the pains in the arm and shoulder, everyone gets those transient things, it'll pass. :)

Thank you yes it did subside!!

AnxietyDJ
08-08-14, 23:53
Paphos... Lovely! I've been there several times... Hope you manage to make it and have a wonderful holiday - so many lovely spots to sit, relax and watch the world go by :)

Will be thinking of you sitting by the harbour, sipping a g&t ;)

Female healthanxiety
09-08-14, 15:02
Thank you, have never been but really want to enjoy it! Look how I was in this country let alone there!

I've had 4 hours sleep and ended up having a laugh with my friend last night but drank half a bottle of gin, I had to drive for 2.5 hours home and felt really panicky the whole way...

I still have the dizziness and feel like I can't walk :-(

Fishmanpa
09-08-14, 15:10
Thank you, have never been but really want to enjoy it! Look how I was in this country let alone there!

I've had 4 hours sleep and ended up having a laugh with my friend last night but drank half a bottle of gin, I had to drive for 2.5 hours home and felt really panicky the whole way...

I still have the dizziness and feel like I can't walk :-(

Four hours of sleep and a half a bottle of gin will do that to you :doh:

Positive thoughts

Female healthanxiety
09-08-14, 15:15
Hi Fishmanpa,

How's you?

I feel so dizzy it's untrue, I don't know what to do with myself but I'm really panicky and can't do much as feel dizzy and spaced out.

Even to panicky to lay down.

jackanory84
15-08-14, 14:16
[QUOTE=Female healthanxiety;1343453]Oh jackonory!

What a delight to read your post! You sound like my twin you really do.

What are we like!!? Yea it is horrible, one minute we are 'normal' and the next we are full of despair. There is never any warning signs it's just comes head on.

I know what you are saying about the alcohol, we booked a cottage for a week and I have been having a few glasses of cheeky baileys and have been fine all week - have nearly finished the glass of my Bombay sapphire! Thank gosh it's not only me that likes a gin (I drink it because it's not half so bad on the waist line compared to wine!)

I've hidden for 3 years my HA from my partner and this is my first holiday with him and I think subconsciously maybe thinking about it!!!

Well I am in the garden now and listening to the seagulls, feel a big better then I did 20 minutes ago but still have the heady dizzy feeling and my eyes feel really heavy :-(

How long are you going Crete for? I'm going Cyprus for a week from the 16th August

Xxx

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Hello FemaleHealthAnxiety!

Sorry for the late response; no internet because of an eventful change to Sky!

I'm off on Tuesday 19th for a week. Cannot wait. Relaxing, swimming and just generally chilling out.

My husband has been very supportive re my health anxiety. He's a star and such a calming influence. I always think it's better to be honest with loved ones about it and to try and help them gain some sort of understanding about this "invisible" disease.

Hope you have a fab time in Cyprus!!!

Female healthanxiety
15-08-14, 14:47
Hello Jackonory!

No problem! - I hope your internet is sorted now! :-) am glad to see you back x

I have been at work this week, but off to Cyprus tomorrow! If I can stand up long enough that is xxxx

I hope you have a great time too - let me know how it goes xxxx

Well the funny thing is: My Partner casually mentioned to me last night that he is scared of the flight! and there was me like 'You will be fine, its only for 5 hours' !!!!!!!!!!!

jackanory84
01-10-14, 14:20
Hello Jackonory!

No problem! - I hope your internet is sorted now! :-) am glad to see you back x

I have been at work this week, but off to Cyprus tomorrow! If I can stand up long enough that is xxxx

I hope you have a great time too - let me know how it goes xxxx

Well the funny thing is: My Partner casually mentioned to me last night that he is scared of the flight! and there was me like 'You will be fine, its only for 5 hours' !!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

So sorry for the late response; I am rubbish lol.

My holiday was amazing....I hope yours was too! I was so relaxed and had such a lovely time.

Unfortunately, I am back to constant fear, panic and upset. I am crying all the time, I constantly think I am dying because I'll get some chest pain or numbness and I am even scared to go to sleep because I am frightened I won't wake up. Do I sound pathetic? I think I do!

Making matters worse is the fact that my hubby is away for the next three weeks with work, leaving me alone in the house and of course, my mind has just been focussed on the above.

I have bought two books which I am going to pick up tonight. Really hope these are going to go some way to helping me.

Hope life's a bit easier for you just now xx