PDA

View Full Version : More skin cancer fears!

Wuboo
04-08-14, 22:05
I posted a pic about 8wks ago of a spot like bump on my leg and I finially went to see the GP today. I told her with as much detail as possible how its changed a bit due to be picking at it! Any way, cut a long story short she thinks it looks more like a mole that's growing but stay alert.

I don't know why but this should have put my mind at rest and yet I'm still worrying like mad. And yes before the GP visit I also saw Dr. Google. Shouldn't have done that.

Any way I'm going to request a visit to the dermatologist to put my mind at rest.

Just had to get that off me chest :)

swanick15
05-08-14, 00:01
Moles can change with age or in proportion to the body, for example you could have a mole on your arm that gets bigger, but you could put on weight and causes the arm skin to stretch, its what these websites don't tell you that most of the time there's a perfectly reasonable reason i.e. Hormonal change?

RaverNeko
05-08-14, 02:21
I used to have some intense fears over whether or not I had melanoma because of a mole. The mole got puffier and bigger but you wanna know why? I kept poking at it for several weeks for no reason. Dr. Google won't tell you this, but moles can become irritated from things like that.

Positive thought and good luck at your dermatology appointment, :)

Wuboo
05-08-14, 11:10
Well in my anxious state I saw my usual GP to day and he and took one look and said "its normal colour, normal shape, it's benign. You got 3 options, if it was mine I'd ignore it". Kinda paraphrasing there but I opted for it to be cut off next week and sent to the lab so no need to be on a waiting list to see the dermo.