PDA

View Full Version : Petrified I Have Lymphoma

Y3MBailey
04-08-14, 22:55
Everything started back in January when I felt numbness in my legs and hands. Not sure what it was Doctors though I may have a virus this went away.

Now in the last 2 weeks I have had this reoccur with a large swollen gland under my arm.

I am examined and most of my lymph nodes are swollen over my whole body. Apparently these glands pressing on nerves is what is causing the numbness.

I also had bad acid indigestion like symptoms a while back giving chest pains. I still get these occasionally.

I also have some tenderness in my abdomen the doctor says this is likely because I have swollen glands there too.

I am now undergoing a load of blood tests, xrays, ultrasounds but no biopsies.

I am absolutely petrified I have lymphoma.

I am 29 and my wife and I are about to start trying for a baby. I don't want this and I don't know how I can cope for the long wait till the tests are complete.

I also swear my own mind is making me worse... never had night sweats until I read it is a possible symptom now I am dripping wet.

Please any words of support will help

Matt

swanick15
04-08-14, 23:57
Lymphs can stay swelled up ages after an infection

Y3MBailey
05-08-14, 00:32
thanks for the quick reply just saying that has made me feel a little better. I think the biggest issue Is that I generally dont feel too bad overall.

Maybe a little rundown but I dont feel like I have had some major infection over the last few months.

worryworryworry
05-08-14, 11:33
I had lymph nodes fully investigated and found to be fine.....but they stayed up for about 9 months. If they were unsure they would biopsy. They can tell from the ultrasound if it is definitely not. That is what I was told.....so rest assured you are fine!

B x

.Poppy.
05-08-14, 12:59
I have some lymph nodes that are almost constantly up. I was also terrified I had cancer, but my doctor said it wasn't anything to worry about as they were normal in shape and movable, and all my tests came back clear.

I have had them like this for years and years and no problems, so while it was scary for me, I've since gotten over it figuring it if were something serious SOMETHING would be different by now.

Lymphs can stay up for a long time, and if you're stressing about them and/or messing with them, they can get bigger and stay up longer. Anxiety can absolutely have these negative effects on you.

Just try to relax and trust your doctor. It might be hard, but if you can you'll feel a lot better.