PDA

View Full Version : Numdness on one side of body and tongue HELP!!

soggypops
20-12-06, 17:10
If anyone has experienced this PLEASE reply

I have been suffering with anxiety both health and social for many years. I am on Mirtazipine 20mg at night for the past year and Diazipan when i need it.
I have really tried hard to get fitter because of small weight gain , and took my dog for a walk in the fields the other day. We had a run around then all of a sudden my little finger went numb and the whole of my left side then mt tongue.
I went into complete mania and was terified that i could not get back to the road from the middle of the field. I thought i was having a stroke !!
Once i had managed to get to the road i came out in a huge sweat. I could hardly walk , and the numbness eventually went after around 5 minutes.
I went to Dr and she said Bp ok and pulse rate ok. She didnt know what it was,but i am still convinced of the worse.
Although she said it could be nuro and somtimes these things happen.
Now i dare not go out alone or with my dog . I am so scared to be on my own and carry the phone everywher in the house incase it happens again.
PLEASE if anyone knows what this is like Please reply.
Elly

x soggypops x

shereedac
20-12-06, 18:33
Hi there i have also had my left arm go numb. It is horrible. I was going through a difficult time and was waiting for a brain scan anyway. Can i just add that i did not get the brain scan because of this. Anyway i was actually with the doctor when this happened to me, I was like hysterical and said my left arm has went all numb am i having a stroke, She said no i was not. I did get my brain scan after this but as i said earlier not related and everything was fine. Anxiety can do a lot of things to your body. I also get quite often my little finger going numb.x

sheree ritchie

ceecee
20-12-06, 19:54
hi elly
i was reading a book recently called"coping with panic attacks"and in this book the author(who has had first hand knowledge )did talk about numbness in the toungue!i,m not sure what the authors name was but it might be worth you purchasing it,or going to your local library.
take care i know how scary these sensations make us feel
rach x

shoegal
27-12-06, 09:37
Hi. You are definately not alone. I get numbness and pins and needles quite a lot, and in the past it has triggered off a panic attack. I had a strange pins and needles sensation in my tongue only the other night which scared me a bit, but I just ignored it and eventually it went away.

Please try to take your dog out for a walk - these things can happen to us wherever we are, so you might as well enjoy yourself if you can! If you take your phone with you, you know you can get help if you need it, and you can always change your route if you want to be somewhere near people. Please do not avoid going out if you can help it as this is how agoraphobia starts (I know from experience). The sensations that frightened you so much are caused by stress, and although they feel absolutely terrifying, remember that they cannot harm you.

Hope you feel better soon (and manage to take your little friend for a walk). :)

shoegal xxx