PDA

View Full Version : Hello newbie with Health Anxiety

Mrspanic
05-08-14, 11:30
Hi everyone, I am 37 years old and have suffered with panic attacks on and off for a number of years - however since October 13 I have been hit hard with major health anxiety over my heart! I have had ECG's and Heart Event Monitor tests which have come back ok apart from fast heartbeats on occassions which they have said is to do with my anxiety. I am currently having CBT which is helping but still I have the daily pulse checking/symptom scanning - I am trying not to go down the medication route. My therapist recommended joining a forum so that I can see that I am not alone in my feelings/symptoms.

LunaLiuna
05-08-14, 11:33
:welcome: I'm sure you'll find this forum a massive help to you.

Johnny43
05-08-14, 12:54
Hey your deffo not on your own,welcome you will find it useful

izzy'smum
05-08-14, 22:45
Hi, stick with the cbt it works! I dont worry about my heart but I do think I have a different cancer daily.... you are NOT alone. Try and start by counting the number of times you symptom check and then consciously reduce it a little everyday. When I was convinced I had breast cancer I checked for lumps 34 times in one evening. I now check once a month!

Monkey123
08-08-14, 20:03
hi also suffering from health anxiety. I panic so much about dying and leaving my 2 beautiful daughters that I am not making the most of the time I do have with them . rather worrying constantly. panic attacks are getting worse after a bout of sickness bug last week... its knocked me down .
good to know I am not alone and hope this somehow gives us all some comfort.
now considering going on medication as I just don't seem to be able to cope by myself anymore. xxxx

Ruby13
08-08-14, 23:08
You are not alone in fast and pounding heartbeats, same happened to me, had ambulance call out and ECG check. All,ok and still get scared by them when they happen but the anxiety is the cause.