PDA

View Full Version : car nightmare

koala
05-08-14, 16:51
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weep:

My car had it's MOT on Monday so i took the day off work as I can't really get to my work without driving. Then i got a phone call late on Monday to say I wasn't getting it back until Tuesday cos it had failed and the mechanic was waiting on a part to arrive. He said I would get it back on Tuesday so i phoned work and rearranged my shifts so I could take today off. Turns out I'm not getting my car back today cos the parts not arrived. I'v been told the part will arrive tomorrow and i will get it back then but i'm not sure i believe him. Anyway I'm now in a nightmare cos i don't know how i am going to get to work tomorrow? I can't use public transport because of my anxiety. It's a 2 hour journey just to get there by bus and 2 hours back (i only work 5 hours), i would need to get a bus all the way into the busy town centre then get another bus out of town and toward work. No one at work can take me cos most people are away at summer camp and those whose aren't live beside work. Friends and family aren't offering to help. Not sure that work will let me take it off at such short notice plus i need to keep my annual leave for later in the year. I'm stuck!

What's even more annoying is the exact same thing happened last year. It took 3 days for me to get my car back after it's MOT and i had to take days off work last minute which i hate doing as i feel really rude and cheeky. I forget just how much i depend on my car and feel like my freedoms taken away from me when i don't have it. Wish i was either A) self employed so didn't have to worry about travelling to work or B) worked nearer home so i could walk or take a short bus journey ( i can cope with journeys which last about 30 mins any longer and i start to freak out).

Don't know what to do and no one is helping. i just want to cry and run away from the whole situation. Help!

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I'm just so feed up of everybody letting me down all the time. There have been so many times i'v done stuff for friends and family not because i'v wanted to but because they have been in desperate need and the 1 time i ask them for a favor no one can be bothered to help. It's too much effort for them (and the things iv done haven't been a massive effort for m? The things i'v done hasn't drained my time and stopped me from doing other more important things?). I'm a worthless, invisible nobody.

ray52
05-08-14, 18:21
Hope it all works out for you I know cars can be stressful when your dependent on them.

Ask for a courtesy car if they cant meet there targets if they don't have one move garages for your next mot.

Ray

Neurotic Nick
06-08-14, 01:46
Hi Koala, youre not a worthless invisible nobody at all. The fact that youre able, under normal conditions, to hold down a job whilst having agoraphobia already means that you are very hardy and brave. Braver than i am atm ;)

I would agree with ray about getting a replacement car, my garage doesnt offer one for for free when i have the car in for a checkup but i can rent one for a small fee. Wich of course i always do because i cant even by on a bus for a single minute.

koala
07-08-14, 16:30
Thanks guys :)

Great news... I have my car back :yahoo: