PDA

View Full Version : Scaly bump on shoulder

xfilme
05-08-14, 23:59
In the past week or so I've had a scaly patch develop on my shoulder. It's only small, probably about 8mm x 4mm. It has become slightly raised in the past couple days. It is not a spot. It is the same colour as the rest of my skin only scaly. I am afraid it is something sinister. I suffers from dry skin in the same area. It could be psoriasis or eczema but naturally I am presuming worse. I do not like running to the doc too fast as being a controlled ha sufferer, I know it can too easily trigger my need for constant reassurance. If its still there in another week I will see my doc. In the meantime, are there any psoriasis sufferers there that can speak to me about their experiences so I can consider if that is more likely? Ill get a docs appt either way x

Limey
06-08-14, 00:23
I get a similar thing when i'm too hot or if i've been sweating. Been hot where you are lately?

xfilme
06-08-14, 00:54
Yes it has been very hot. About a year or so, the tops of my arms became extremely dry. They developed thee shiny kinda patches. I still have the same problem. If I dont moisturise them they get itchy. This patch appeared about two weeks ago, and although similar to the other patches, this patch was raised and the scalyness is thicker. same colour though.

swanick15
06-08-14, 13:28
do you have hot showers? The hot temperatures can cause dry skin

Brunette
06-08-14, 13:45
Psoriasis will be raised, scaly and itchy but there will be redness underneath.

It's worth getting it checked because, if it is that, over the counter creams won't get rid of it, you'll need prescription stuff with salicylic acid in it.

xfilme
06-08-14, 17:02
do you have hot showers? The hot temperatures can cause dry skin

Its interesting you should say that, because the dry itchiness at the top of my arms began at a specific point. My old landlord wouldnt fix my shower for over a year, and it used to be 10 seconds scorching hot, then 10 seconds ice cold. It was only after a year or so of this when it was fixed and I had constantly hot water, that the itchy patches developed. Ive moved house since and am now living in a place with a bath, and i dont have overly deep, long or hot baths. Yet 9 months after moving, the skin on my arms appears still not to have recovered. When I first started using the bath, the heat from sitting in hot water rather than standing caused heat rashes in the creases of my elbows. I think its a skin condition. Have been moisturising like crazy and always keep my arms covered in sunscreen and a cardi when im out. At a bit of a loose end. Ive been to the docs before, when my skin first got dry and itchy over a year ago, and asked if I could get something for it, but the doc didnt even look closely and looked at me like i was asking for crack cocaine haha so I didnt bother going back

Cags48
06-08-14, 17:51
Sounds like a patch of dry skin