PDA

View Full Version : Orthostatic Intolerance or Anxiety?!

Cheekychap
06-08-14, 00:01
I've battled anxiety, depression and OCD for most of my life on and off.

Ever since my first panic attack the health anxiety has stepped up, resulting in dizziness thus causing a fear of fainting.

The problem is when walking around now I constantly seem to have a off balance sensation coupled with that of being lightheaded and fatigued. What worries me and leads me to believe this isn't anxiety is how it can often be relieved when sitting or lying down.

I now have the doctor questioning the possibility of a orthostatic intolerance such as POTS or low blood pressure?

All blood work was fine, ECG results on lying come back normal. I do still suffer when sitting down with various symptoms but these are intensified when standing to the point of the lightheaded sensation resulting in me sometimes not being able to hold a conversation?

Till I mentioned these, the doctor didn't even give such illnesses a second think. Whether this is me being paranoid and the fear of fainting making it a vicious circle or it is an actual illness I am unsure.

Just hoping I might be able to tap into someone's expertise or maybe a past experience and would be thoroughly appreciative of any replies!

Best wishes to all of you!