PDA

View Full Version : all the time nervous and dread

fruity
06-08-14, 11:35
keep feeling upset too. got my own place now wiv my two kids my mum or br other usualy stays at nite. but can,t sleep due to being scared of mice ect....... I had them in my old house that's why I left. today im on edge but not only because of mice it,s just in general. I got pain over one of my eyes scared if it,s anything. im alone at moment. my sisters taken kids out. scared something might happen. there is a load of stuff I can go on about. I,ve had health anx and panic for 6 years and even over looking back. and I just turned 30 on sunday and feel I oughto
grow up but when you,ve got this hanging over you then you can,t

lior
06-08-14, 12:16
Anxiety is nothing to do with age. You don't need to worry whether you are 'grown up' or not. Other people might tell you to 'grow up' but in truth, they don't know what they're talking about, anxiety has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's the same as telling a depressed person to pull themselves together, stop crying and feeling sorry for yourself. That's actually damaging rather than helpful, but it's a common response from people who don't know anything about mental health.

If you can let that 'grow up' thing go, that might help you. x