PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

Woodward
06-08-14, 16:49
Hi folks :) I'm just curious to know if any of tou on here have had success with health anxiety, and been able to stop the negative worrying in between attacks. Thanks. :)

Dolphin8808
06-08-14, 16:57
I can go quite sometime without worrying but then something will trigger me. Having an awesome primary care doc who listens is HUGE. Also a therapist to give copping techniques.

Its hard but you can def do it. It takes work and practice to remove the negative thoughts.

Woodward
06-08-14, 17:18
I can go quite sometime without worrying but then something will trigger me. Having an awesome primary care doc who listens is HUGE. Also a therapist to give copping techniques.

Its hard but you can def do it. It takes work and practice to remove the negative thoughts.

I went for a long time in between panic attacks and without any negative thoughts around death and worry, etc. All of a sudden a panic attack early last week and its been a non-stop nightmare since. I have been to see 2 GP's and a primary care doctor but it always dealt like little was achieved. I just want the depressive thoughts to stop. I wake up and I'm straight back to square one.
I'm glad to hear that you have a good ststem in place though :)

anthrokid
08-08-14, 23:51
Yes. I suffered from awful HA/Panic after a traumatic event about 5 years ago now. I'm recovered, I'm good, I'm healthy. I just keep good track of how I'm feeling and I make sure I discuss anything that causes a bit of anxiety at the first point I notice it. I'm actually in my 5th year of training to be a clinical psychologist now, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it just takes a while to work toward it. Blips and hiccups aren't uncommon. You've made it through to a better place before, and you can do it again. You've picked up this bump in the road really quickly and that's the best way to get on top of them. Keep persevering.