PDA

View Full Version : Weird question about elevators and brain tumours

anxious_thoughts
07-08-14, 05:56
Hey guys,

I'm currently in NYC and had a question. I have brain tumour anxiety and I read somewhere that being in an airplane can make your brain tumour worse and can even cause ruptures due to the air pressure difference.
I'm just worried because tomorrow we're going up to the Empire State Building and it's making me nervous thinking about going up in the elevator, that's really high up. :/

Should I really worry about this?

fedup36
07-08-14, 09:34
Jenn - Just enjoy New York!!

When I went to New York on my honeymoon I had a great time but did let the anxiety take over at times which I really regret...

I have an arachnoid cyst the size of a golf ball in my head and im still here :D

Enjoy yourself...

nomorepanic
07-08-14, 12:11
You don't have a brain tumour though so please put that worry straight out of your head and enjoy yourself!

anxious_thoughts
07-08-14, 17:02
Thanks guys! I'm just hoping nothing happens, I'm currently waiting in line for it. :)

RoseEve
08-08-14, 02:00
Jenn you should have told me you were coming to ny!

anxious_thoughts
08-08-14, 05:18
I don't know who said that but even if you did have a brain tumour it would affect it as air pressure doesn't affect body tissue. Besides a lot of cancer patients with brain tumours do those runs down skyscrapers for charity all the time I see on TV.

Thanks for replying! I didn't know that about the body tissue

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Jenn you should have told me you were coming to ny!

Are you in NY?!

RoseEve
08-08-14, 14:34
Sure am! I work in manhattan