PDA

View Full Version : How to get referred for colonoscapy?

puzzledlass
07-08-14, 06:53
Basically, I want one done.

Call me a sucker for punishment but I would rather have a tube up my butt then keep worrying about possibly having cancer.

Thing is, I don't know how to convince GP to refer me for one.

aprilmoon
07-08-14, 07:54
Hi
Does your doc not think you need one?
Why do you think you do ? :)

puzzledlass
07-08-14, 09:07
She doesn't think I need referring because my fobt came back clear. But, I'm sure I've noticed blood again so will be requesting another fobt.

I think I do because I am convinced I have cancer.

Fishmanpa
07-08-14, 13:35
If your doctor doesn't think you need one then you can look into paying out of your own pocket. Based on clear tests, there's absolutely no reason for you to do this. It's not a pleasant test and having a choice to do it or not I would choose NOT every time. However, I'm over 50 so it's highly recommended.

It's you're choice but deep down you know you don't need it and it's your HA talking.

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
07-08-14, 13:38
I don't even think I can get one privately when paying.

I'm trying to think of a plan. At this stage my plan is have another FOBT done. If this is clear I must try and stop worrying.

If it's not clear, well then I will be referred for further investigation anyway.

Fishmanpa
07-08-14, 17:25
As I've said before, perhaps it's time to stop chasing a diagnosis and treat the real illness.

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
08-08-14, 02:45
It's valid advice. I know that my HA is a huge problem here. At the same time though I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know why I am getting blood.