PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Dogs :D

Slothette
20-12-06, 21:43
Sorry if this is in the wrong place or seems a bit daft but I find being with my cats very relaxing. When I am alone at home and I feel anxiety building, I go into a quiet room with one of my cats and just start stroking her fur. There just seems to be something very relaxing about breathing deeply and stroking the cat at the same time!!!

Does anyone else do the same or am I a total froot loop? lol....I think there's been some research done on the fact that pets lower your blood pressure. Maybe I'm cracking up under the stress of Christmas!!!

Lexxie xxx

jo61
20-12-06, 22:02
No Lexxie, pets are proven to be very therapeutic. My cat is a rescue kitty and is a disaster as doesn't sit on my lap. However my 2 dogs love me unconditionally and I sit stroking them all the time.

Jo

yorkylover
21-12-06, 00:01
Hi Lexxie,as Joanne said pets are very theraputic.I would never be without my dogs and cat.They can always sense when something is wrong.They give me great compfort.You are not cracking up.;)
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ellen XX

mazz
21-12-06, 00:05
Hi Lexxie pets are a great way to relax ,my westie is a distraction from anx for sure.I know they use this in hospices all the time .Animals bring great calmness to us all.
Mazz.x

mackncody
21-12-06, 02:09
Ahhh my fav subject!! [Yes!][Yes!]

Animals are verrrrryyy theraputic(god I can't spell today) I think they are pretty much the cure-all for all mental and physical aliments. Although I am partial to dogs as I'm allergic to cats......

Ohh I have my ponies too.(their horses but their "my ponies" don't ask me why). If anyone ever has the chance to ride.....best thing in the world! Horses will teach your more about life than anything else.

well going back to my hole I crawled out from under now. [:P]

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-You are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

jill
21-12-06, 14:47
Hi Lexxie :D

**Maybe I'm cracking up under the stress of Christmas!!!**

Ohh your not cracking up hun, its a well known fact that animals have a calming effect on us humans.

I have seen a programme where they take small animals into an old people home and it makes them feel better.

My sister has a rabbit, she says she feels sooo calm when sitting there stroking it.

Ohhh I seen another programme where a dog could tell its owner when she was about to have an epaleptic (spell check) fit. Ohh it was amazing [:O][:O]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...

shoegal
22-12-06, 05:48
It is definately true that animals are theraputic. My dog is not only my best friend but he is my reason for getting out of bed when things are really bad, and he is my motivation when I am too scared to go out. I just look at his gorgeous little face and I know how much he loves his walks and that's the reason I take a deep breath and go out for a walk. I'm agoraphobic so believe me, it takes some courage. Without knowing it, my little friend is helping me get better. Plus, the excercise and fresh air is good for me! :D

kate
22-12-06, 07:32
I love animals too. I've got 2 cats, 3 houserabbits, a hamster and a goldfish.

They don't judge you ever and are always there for you :D

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Nel
22-12-06, 12:25
I love animals too. Did anyone watch the amazing programme last night about them developing in the womb? The elephants were amazing. Beautiful animals and very intelligent.

I've got 2 doggies - the youngest is crazy, she doesn't really do cuddling, only playing and she thinks she is the boss. The eldest is a sweetheart, he loves to cuddle and nuzzles his soft wee face into my neck. They are the best friends you could ever wish for.

Slothette
23-12-06, 01:36
Hello everyone

So it's not just me then lol.....seems like alot of people can see the benefit of having animals around!

Jo....I've got 3 cats at the moment. 2 of them are rescue cats and only one of them will stay on my knee!

Ellen...you're right when you say animals can tell if something is wrong. Whenever I'm upset my tortie cat seems to come from nowhere to keep me company.

Mazz...i know westies well. We had one at home years ago. They are lovely, friendly little dogs.

Mackncody....how lovely to be able to go horseriding. This is something that I've always wanted to do. Maybe I should set it as a goal for the future.

Jill....i had a rabbit when i was a kid but my mum gave it away because it bit me lol.

Shoegal.....i know what you mean. When things are bad my cats are brilliant company and there's nothing like the sound of miaowing for Whiskas to get you up in the morning!

Kate ....yep no judgement and unconditional love. What more could a girl want lol

Nel...i didn't see that programme. I wonder will it get repeated?

The other thing i like doing is feeding the birds in the garden. I love watching them fly down onto the bird feeders. Seems to take my mind off things a bit. Anyone else do this?

Lexxie xxx

mackncody
23-12-06, 04:30
Lexxie: you should go riding!!! Wrapping your arms around something that weighs 1100 lbs and could crush you flat but still manages to be completely unselfish about lending its strength for others to use is the greatest. And it helps that they have those cute little antennae ears that swivel.... If I could give up my boys for more than a day I'd Fed-Ex you one to try!

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-You are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Slothette
28-12-06, 23:15
Hi Mack

Wow! I'd love to get a horse through the post.....don't think it would fit through my letter box though! ;)

Hope you're doing well

Take care

Lexxie

candie
29-12-06, 14:48
Lexxie,

I absolutely adore my lickle dog.I havent got children so hes definitely the next best thing.He cheers me up no end and on good days i love walking him and the best thing is that he loves me no matter what...

Take care,Candie xx

kimmy
02-01-07, 18:32
i got my fist cat when my anxiety began and it worked wonders NOW 3 cats and 2 dogs later they cause stress hehehehhee

dawne
21-06-12, 06:38
my cat IS A INDOOR CAT SHE GOT OUT BYE MY OTHER CAT KNOCKING THE SCREEN OUT THE WINDOW she is a female and fix and she has vanished

No sign of her for a week and 3 days now i walk about 2miles on both sides of the road went too all the house around me look under every think i could think of gave all my info too every one i walk every morning eve and at nite then i call her name out the window at nite for hours i have her bed food water live traps dirty laundry like a shirt. what else can i do i miss my little girl so bad i cry all the time am all the time praying too the good lord too bring her home safre and sound. I LOVE HERSO MUCH I CAN'T JUST SIT AT HOME AND WAIT FOR HER TOO COME SO THATS WHY I GO OUT LOOKING FOR HER ALL THE TIME CALL HER NAME.