PDA

View Full Version : daily panic attack 3 months after taking a TRAMADOL pill !

titanium833
07-08-14, 12:26
hi everyone
3 month ago i had a tramadol pill (just out of couriosity) .a few hour after that i had strong heart beats and 2 days after i felt preasure on chest and tightness in breath .
now after 3 month , every night (abouth 7-8 pm) im watching movies in front of my pc i have panic attack . of course the pattern changed 10 days ago and now mostly i have panicks at work in front of my computer on 11-12 am !
but almost all of them r in front of computer !
i changed a few doctor , they gave me pills like alprazolam, serteraline, amitriptiline , lorazpam , nortriptilin , bospirax and imipramine. last time doctor gave me serteraline 50 (for second time) and DONEURIN !

none of them really worked good enought but i believe imipramine and bospirax caused my pannic to hapen in 111 am at work instead of nights at home (which is a bad thing) !

when attacks happen i dont really have fear ! i just have shortness in breath and diziness and heavyness in head and ... and usually its because of looking at monitore
i have problems like lack of self confident and self stream and usually scared , but i never had this kind of problem before the whole tramadol thing
tnx before head , and btw im a 25 years old homosexual living in an islamic dictatorship .
tnx again.

Fishmanpa
07-08-14, 13:27
Hi Titanium,

This is a very supportive group and you'll find some great information here as well.

A young gay man living in Iran certainly would be a difficult situation! That alone would be stressful enough to cause major anxiety and it's my opinion that it's the root of your angst.

Tramadol is a non narcotic pain reliever. It's a step up from OTC pain relief. I happen to take it every day due to chronic pain. I can assure you one pill 3 months ago is not the root of your panic attacks. It's good your doctor is trying meds to help quell the attacks. You state that the attacks typically happen when you're at the computer. That obviously is a trigger and perhaps limiting your time in front of it would be helpful. Reading a book instead or finding another activity would help limit the attacks.

I don't know the state of the mental health help that's available to you in Iran but perhaps you can look into it. There's a free CBT course (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665) offered here that's very good. It's certainly worth a look.

Positive thoughts

titanium833
08-08-14, 08:43
thanks man
i spend lots of times in front of monitor and i really need it, but i believe my eyed is weaked during all this years and i need a eye glass , maybe thats the reason of my panic attacks . i think i need to go see an eye doctor asap .

titanium833
10-08-14, 08:10
and my last problem is nervous tics !
i had them for 2-3 years, but now since my pannic started i have this strong new tic and i have to touch my nose and mounth every few minutes