PDA

View Full Version : 30mg to 40mg

afgzee
07-08-14, 14:52
So a few days ago I upped to 40mg from 30mg. I started to feel happier 3 days in and today my anxiety has dramatically dropped. Been able to listen to music through earphones in public for the first time in over 7 months which I'm over the moon about.

Its early days yet but this small boost has made its impression in just a few days

I know there will be ups and downs over time, but its the first day also in a while I have taken no benzo as I felt no need for it.

I felt little anxiety or any adrenaline through my body and am able to focus away from it.

I'm writing this on a train which a smile on my face listening to music :D

Happy days everyone. Check out my other threads to see ne through my battle through extreme anxiety and it will take Time there will be ups and downs but its worth the wait even if its after 1 year.

Hows all?

Sober2000june
07-08-14, 17:21
Good to hear my friend you have been suffering a while. Gave me a bit of hope. I am currently on 20mg 3 weeks but have been working my way up since April. Today has just been treacle. Cannot concentrate at all in the office - been like swimming through treacle. Then the anxiety kicks in about not bring able to perform. Just wish I could be part of like like the rest of my colleagues. Sorry for rant but great to hear of your positive experience.

Onwards and upwards,
Paul

afgzee
09-08-14, 10:56
Have you tried any benzos to relax and calm you down when you get panicky or nervous? They really help while citalopram is taking its time to do its work.

For me yesterday was not great but today pretty relaxed sitting in a crowded station waiting to go to work.

About to get on the train lets see how that one goes...

mark84
09-08-14, 13:22
wow afgzee, great progress :) I'm going to be a bit cheeky and PM you with a few questions!

afgzee
17-08-14, 23:45
So been about 2 weeks on 40/and the difference is amazing. I feel so much calmer and relaxed and beginning to be my old self again after about 1 year of a fight. Still not perfect but finally making major progress

mat74
18-08-14, 17:13
Well done, I am the same - went from 20-40mg last week and already feel better

afgzee
31-08-14, 00:23
so my anxiety has gone through the roof. I think its tiredness. Not even a benzo is able to stop me feeling paranoid.

I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow, she said it may be good to take amitriptyline if the 40mg of cit didn't do too much. But I ill be cutting my hours down at work and see if my situation improves.

Sober2000june
01-09-14, 17:06
Hi afgzee,

Hope youre feeling better today:)

Take care,

Paul

afgzee
04-09-14, 14:47
So its still pretty bad again. Still early days on the increased dosage so still time for my brain to adjust to the increased dosage.

Marty_67
05-09-14, 12:28
Hey Zee.

I feel much calmer these days but I do still have the odd 'moment'.

Actually woke up this morning (from a bad dream perhaps), and had a fairly major feeling of anxiety / panic attack. After the initial shock, I calmed myself down...I can't even remember/know what caused it.

Take care out there

afgzee
08-09-14, 23:02
SO had been taking Etizolam which I believe made my anxiety worse as I was having to increase the dosage of Etizolam to keep me calm, before 0.5mg was fine, but just 3 days ago I had to take 3mg of it.

Im now off Etizolam and using Flubromazepam to decrease the withdrawal symptoms. Didn't take any Flubromazepam/Etizolam today feel much better, Flubromazepam is great as it has a 106 hour half life compared to 4.5 hours with Etizolam so allows your body with withdraw from benzos much easier.

Now im going to allow the cit to properly kick in

Don't think i'll need to take anything tomorrow too

afgzee
11-09-14, 14:59
yesterday felt a lot better, today feeling better than yesterday but still some slight anxiety but getting off diazepam/etizolam was the best thing ever.

it was that which was causing my anxiety to heighten.

will update how I feel tonight after work when my anxiety is usually at its worse.

afgzee
11-09-14, 23:31
so on the train feeling controlled slight heightened anxiety but controllable. Not like usual. Feeling very positive for days and weeks to come. :D

Sober2000june
11-09-14, 23:40
Good stuff:)