PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma

kirstynic
07-08-14, 16:03
Hi

For the last week I have been itching excessively all over it is driving me mad. Most of the itching places I can see a small red bump on the skin, I am not itching much on my legs the worst place is my head- behind my ear and worse all over my scalp- cant see any red bumps there.

Today I noticed a hard lump on the bone area behind my ear- it is rock hard and painless. I am convinced it is lymphoma- i have no idea how long the lump has been there.

I went to the doctor and he felt it and agreed it is a swollen lymph node, he also said I had a temperature.

I asked about lymphoma and he didn't rule it out- he said more likely an infection, but is sending me for blood tests and I have to go back in a few weeks if the node is still there or sooner if I feel unwell or it grows!

I am convinced it is lymphoma- a temperature is another symptom of it and so is the itching- those with the hard lymph node surely means it is lymphoma!

I am so scared and now cannot relax! I will have my bloods done tomorrow and wait for results but it has to be lymphoma all symptoms point to it and the doctor could not rule it out!

Jonesle
07-08-14, 16:29
Maybe you have fleas? And that's not me being a cow lol, but your itching on your head, nits bite you and with the scratching you could have got a little infection causing lymph node to swell?
Even if not - your mind and health anxiety plays massive tricks on you, I remember when I thought I had scabies I was itching all over. I didn't have scabies n the itching went away when I found something else to worry about.
Your dr is doing the right thing and the sooner you find out what's wrong with you the better :) xxxx

Dolphin8808
07-08-14, 16:40
Please try to take a deep breath. I know this is super scary but the chances of it being cancer are so slim. You very well could have an infection, an allergic reaction causing not only the fever but the hard node. Your body is very much so most likely fighting off an infection.

Its hard to be rational I know, I am in the same exact boat right now... With a different issue so I can relate to your pain and worry. Waiting for results has always been the very hardest for me.

Have you recently changed shampoos or detergents you wash clothes in? Have you been feeling unwell or around others who may have the flue?

So many explanations and any doctor can't rule out the worse case scenario until they have the tests back. But he should have told you how very very low any chance of it being that... are.

kirstynic
07-08-14, 18:09
Hi thank you for replies.

Have checked for fleas and lice and all clear. Didn't even jump to the lymphoma possibility until I found the hard node.

Doctor said it may be heat causing the scalp itching? I have long thick hair. But having the itching and swollen lymph node and the temp seems to much of a coincidence. He is only doing a blood test no other tests. I had a clear blood tests a few months back. I am worried about leaving it a couple of weeks incase if it's lymphoma it gets more advanced.

anthrokid
09-08-14, 00:17
It is super duper incredibly unlikely that you have lymphoma. Especially if you had clear blood tests back a few months ago.

Heat can case rashes. Viral infections can cause rashes. You may also have an allergy/intolerance that you are unaware of which is causing the itching. If your bloods come back fine, this would probably be a good option to explore.