PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop worrying about heart attack

dac0273
07-08-14, 17:01
Hi all ,
I'm in bad way again today. I keep getting Aches in my left shoulder down my left arm , up the left side of my neck and jaw and I'm extremely worried I'm going to die from a massive heart attack 😕. I had ecg yesterday plus blood tests so awaiting them results. However they said it looked normal .
I walked up a mountain last Sunday which was 3000 feet without any problem . I've been running with my dog , so I certainly don't feel unfit . But why do I keep having these over whelming thoughts . And would anxiety cause these symptoms which I find hard to believe so it must be my heart , as I've read people can feel fit then suddenly die of heart attack . Help does Alany one else feel like this it's really gettin me down xx the ache in my jaw seems to be gettin worse

Fishmanpa
07-08-14, 17:08
All indications, including medical tests and exams as well as activity indicate no issue. That and the fact you're posting here ;)

That being said, I'm not a doctor, just someone who has had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. The pain associated with a heart attack renders you pretty much useless.

Positive thoughts

dac0273
07-08-14, 17:37
Thanks , I've heard pain is bad but I've also read you can have the symptoms I'm getting prior to a heart attack. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it x

Fishmanpa
07-08-14, 17:45
Here's the thing. You had this fear and symptoms for close to two weeks. If you were going to have a heart attack, it would have happened by now.

All indications this is stress/anxiety related, especially in light of medical tests.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

kezzal
08-08-14, 08:02
it could be gastro i get a pain/heavyness across my chest and down my left arm had it on off for 2 years and mines gastro related i do suffer heart palps but had every test going n they cant find a thing wrong with it

Alexisd89
08-08-14, 18:54
Same thing here! I am 25 years old and fit so the odds of me having a heart attack are very unlikely.... yet, I am convinced I have a heart condition. Last night I came home with intense left arm and upper back pain. All the way down in inside of my left arm, alsmot like a pinched nerve but with pressure on my chest and upper back as if someone was squeezing the life out of me. Then my heart started pounding and I started going into painc. :( And my good buddy google has not helped alleviate my worries, every time I look up my symptoms it brings me to "women's early signs of heart attack" pages. Apparently ANYTHING that happens on the left side of my body means that I am going to die of a heart attack , Ug.....!
I have yet to actually go to the doctor (no health insurance) which only leaves me google and more crazy imaginative ideas of death on my doorstep. However, I FINALLY took the plunge and made an appointment to go see the doctor on Monday!! Yay, even typing that sentence gives me some relief :)

UKmamainUS
08-08-14, 19:52
Hi all ,
Aches in my left shoulder down my left arm , up the left side of my neck and jaw

I have this exact thing - I was told it was TMJ. I am on a soft diet to let my jaw rest (though doing terrible at actually sticking to the diet) and I started to sleep on my back without a pillow and have regular massages. I think it is finally starting to improve after I threw in some neck exercises too. The following is a website with some helpful exercises.

http://www.knowyourback.org/Documents/Cervical_Exercise.pdf

dac0273
09-08-14, 13:48
Hi all
I'm still getting pain in my left arm and now the occasional weird feeling in the middle of my chest I'm trying to calm myself to not thinking I'm going to die as my blood pressure was perfect and if I was going to have heart attack I'm sure it would be high or low . Just reading these messages makes me feel a bit better that this could be anxiety symptom , yes I read on google women can suffer these symptoms which fuels my anxiety. I've get my results next week so fingers crossed .
You will feel better when I been to doctors and hey give you all clear .

I will book a massage may help just don't know what could be causing this pain it's not in my head , hope it is just anxiety. I've also booked an appt to see a therapists for this as it's gettin out of control. So hope it works
Best of good health x

I've