PDA

View Full Version : New to this..

sambo86
07-08-14, 17:11
Hi all,

I'm Sam & unfortunately suffer from Anxiety. Looking forward to chatting to you all. Can anybody advised on CBT? Been experiencing negative thoughts? My friend at work advised CBT really helped her. I first starting taking citalopram 20 mg in October 2010, this is when I first starting with Anxiety I was taking them up until May 2013 when me and my GP felt confident enough to stop taking them. I lapsed in Nov 13 and started back on 20mg but last week felt like I had taken a step back and my GP increased me to 30mg. Anybody experienced this?

Thanks so much

Sam x

PJW57
07-08-14, 18:06
Hey Sam
Let's stay strong and positive together and beat this horrendous pain the a**e :mad:
It would appear that you have had success with Cit before so at least you KNOW it DOES work:yesyes:
Keep your chin up and keep in touch
All my very best wishes being sent your way
Pamela :bighug1: x

Vonnie128
07-08-14, 18:08
Hi Sam, I too suffer periodically from anxiety, stress, depression etc. I have been on Citralopram before but I didn't like how it made me feel so I stopped taking it. I think throughout your journey with anxiety, you will always have setbacks. That is all it is and you will feel better. I have finally given in to these horrible feelings that have been with me for months and made an appointment with my GP on Wednesday. Good luck hope you feel better.x

sambo86
07-08-14, 21:55
Thanks very much guys the support helps massively! Definitely we can all help each other Pam :) it feels like your on your own sometimes and nobody understands doesn't it? There's so many ppl out there who feel exactly like us. I think you've got to accept you suffer from the horrid anxiety and learn how to deal with it. O think you will feel better Vonnie when U see your GP I always feel more confident I will get there when I see mine. Maybe he could suggest another medication that will help you and is more for you Hun. I know sometimes it feels like there is no light at the tunnel but honestly there is! Keep going and you'll both get there :hugs:feel free to message me anytime day or night xx