PDA

View Full Version : Constant worry

Woodward
07-08-14, 18:17
Hi everyone. Sorry I keep posting nearly every day but I'm new to a lot of the sensations I'm experiencing. For the last week I have been in a constant anxious state without respite. I can't stop thinking negatively about death and constantly being afraid of it. So this anxious state disappear at all? I don't know if I can live like this if this is the state of mind I'm always going to be in.

Dolphin8808
07-08-14, 18:20
Have you spoken to anyone about it? Doctor, therapist etc? There are therapist who specialize in anxiety and health anxiety. Being afraid of death... They can teach you how to deal with it, how to over come the negative thoughts and move on from it. I have an awesome therapist who I used to see, I stopped because I was feeling better but its more then obvious I need to go back and soon, my Health Anxiety is super high right now!

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

You aren't alone, things do and can get better! You just have to learn to control the anxiety instead of it controlling you

Woodward
07-08-14, 18:26
Have you spoken to anyone about it? Doctor, therapist etc? There are therapist who specialize in anxiety and health anxiety. Being afraid of death... They can teach you how to deal with it, how to over come the negative thoughts and move on from it. I have an awesome therapist who I used to see, I stopped because I was feeling better but its more then obvious I need to go back and soon, my Health Anxiety is super high right now!

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

You aren't alone, things do and can get better! You just have to learn to control the anxiety instead of it controlling you

Thank you very much. I have been to to see three doctors and they have told me to just try and think positively, to accept reality, etc. I have had this in the past but it only lasted only overnight or 2 days at the most. I feel like this time I'm going to be stuck this way. I would love to see a therapist but its not even been mentioned at my GP's and I don't have the finances to go private.
I think you should definitely go if you're feeling it coming on strong now stay strong :)

Helen19
07-08-14, 18:36
I'd go back to the Doctor and say you are still really struggling and ask if there's any possibility of other help. I'd also try some relaxation every day, you may struggle with this at first but if you stick with it, it really does help bring the anxiety down.
Take care. :hugs:

fduop
07-08-14, 19:02
Woodward, just know you are not alone. I've been dealing with this since 1999, and yes I have good periods and bad ones, like recently. As far as doctors, you have the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'd keep hitting that clinic door until I got an answer.

One of the problems I have is heightened sensitivity to physical problems. I have hypertension and type-2 diabetes, which I've gotten pretty good at handling. But that doesn't stop my anxiety from worrying about stoking out or my sugar from bottoming out.

This may sound silly but I have my blood sugar and blood pressure monitors. So when I begin to stress at times I'll check my pressure or sugar, just to shut my anxiety up. It's wild when your mind is crying wolf, and at the same time is usually B.S. anxiety.

Best to you Woodward! You got people that totally understand.